Sticky/Spongey Clutch HELP!!!

CMF_BeeBoop

» CMF Member
Okay well i recently put a new clutch in my little baby Micra and the clutch itself works fine. However, the clutch pedal is like nothing i have ever felt before. It is very sticky coming up and annoys the hell out of me! I bought my Micra as a non-drivable vehicle and upon pulling the box out watched the old clutch come out in several pieces.. :p This is my first Micra and I have not driven one before, is this normal? Do i need a new spring or new cable? Let me know experts! Also my box is noisey, any ideas what actually needs to be replaced? And how much I'm up for?

Thank you kindly.. :D

I'm working on my phone here so please ignore any mistakes.. :)

CMF_Dala

» CMF Member
My micras clutch was like that, thought it was the cable ect, but i did the thrust bearing last week and after greasing the input shaft it slides on and the clutch fork it's sweet, did yours go together dry or greased up?

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
You made sure the gearbox oil level was right? If oil level is ok then there's not much you can do about the noise as you need to rebuild or replace it since its normally the bearings that have worn out. As for the clutch pedal, Well might be a few things like worn out cable or the bushes on the clutch pedal might be worn out like mine are but there other things as well.

Back