spotted, red micra "rocket", nr bishop auckland

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
now it wasnt me but a mate has just rang me informing me of it...anyway the conversation went a little like, "#### me, dave you got some competition up here like, ive just been anihilated buy a red micra" lol now a little about him, he drives and 02 GTTDI golf the 130bhp diesel. now it is swift for a diesel but not a space ship. anyway he said it took off from about 40mph as he tried to overtake it and he said it went off like a formula one car lol. sounds like the one that was spoted up teeside way earlier in the summer.

my mate said that the gap made from 40-60 was about 10 car lengths. and it soon went out of sight never to be seen again.

apparently its red, lowered, bore exhaust and other than that very std looking. sounds very interesting.

if its you let us know what you are hiding under that bonnet. my guess is a SR20DE.

dave

how did ur mate feel being blitz like that, tell him he gotta try harder next time. you never know whats under the bonnet. btw its not a SR20DE

stu0500 said:
how did ur mate feel being blitz like that, tell him he gotta try harder next time. you never know whats under the bonnet. btw its not a SR20DE

haha, he said his jaw dropped as the micra flew off. i think he was throughly ashamed yet impressed at the same time.

so do you know something about that car? i notice your from boro and im guessing it is also from around that way

by any chance did this micra have its own plate on? S?? SEW. all im gonna say is, people with bigger cars like the guy in the rover 216gti last night found out. dont try, its not worth it lol! i nailed him so deep on the northormsby bridge. it must have hurt him!

stu0500 said:
by any chance did this micra have its own plate on? S?? SEW. all im gonna say is, people with bigger cars like the guy in the rover 216gti last night found out. dont try, its not worth it lol! i nailed him so deep on the northormsby bridge. it must have hurt him!

So c'mon then - whats it running?

all im running is cg14,custom intake,custom exhaust,de-cat.3" backbox. port and polished head(teesside motor factors) nothing flash with the body work.sunny GTIR front brakes.fox evo 3 wheels 15" im not sure what bhp im running at the mo.

by custom exhaust do ya mean manifold included?? or just from the manifold back. the standard 1.4 is what 82bhp, so maybe around the 100bhp mark now...?? <--- guessing :D

stu0500 said:
im not sure what bhp im running at the mo.

ide guess at 110,,but depends what speeds you was going at,,its NEVER a fair race unless you start froom the same point and at 0mph,,and how you both drove the cars,,theirs drivers and thers screwdrivers

manifold too, the full works mate, its well nippy. think it may have more then 100 tho.more to come next year tho. the rover was a fair race tho, it was a red light jobby!!! should have seen his face tho.

cool, a cg13 with the exhaust and intake runs 100bhp so that was my comparison lol. i was assuming that was with stadard manifold so maybe a few more bhp then :)

have you had it timed 0-60 1/4 mile etc?

edit: what other mods are you planning?

i was in bishop auckland on thursday. and i saw a red facelift K11 just off the main high street with a big red sun screen saying Nissan and a red dash...

not the same one? it looked fairly standard...

mines a k11e,face lifted its a 2002 spec with my own plate. ive not had a 1/4 mile time check or any other times. ive never raced it due to the fact it looks poo,next to some of your cars.ive seen danni's black micra and it looks great.

the mods im gonna go fornext year will be a turbo conversion. by big boss tuning,they said my car will be running at 198bhp with 15psi. the company said...the car will be fitted with a T25 Turbo and will come with a front mounted intercooler, dump valve, Silicone hoses and it will be firing an MF2 injector.

for each psi you will get 13bhp and with this conversion you can achieve up to 15psi. all for 3k inc vat,which i think is really good

stu,

you fancey meeting up later this week? ill be in bishop from thurs. i fancey a ride out in your car, i may also tag along with you to see teeside motor factors, the job they do sounds very interesting.
what do you reckon?

im working all this week mate, where gonna try and finish thurs nite tho. im up at catrick tuesday and wednesday(AT THE ARMY BASE) the turbo conversion will only come if my founds allow it.ive got the impreza too, which is gonna cost 3k to knock me up past 400bhp.

Stu your engine won't handle 198 bhp at 15psi the standard internals will only go to 8 psi before the headgasket goes and 10 psi before u say hi to the insides. What you need to do is get an 2mm copper headgasket to lower the compression fuel control with upgraded injectors and think about ordering forged pistons from austrialia.

All of this is totally the wrong way to turbo a car. If you want to do it right dont use a thicker headgasket, Change pistons and rods immediatly to get lower compression ratio and take the power. DO NOT use very over rated fuel controllers that in reality are very poor. etc. etc...

There is so much miss-information going on about with turbos its unbelievable, and so many bolt on bits of kit just dont work well with each other. Sure somethings may work but they are so far from ideal it amazes me (thicker headgaskets for example).

Ed

just reading all of that info, i dont think its gonna be wise to turbo the micra, it'll cost me a fortune. i think im gonna keep it as it is, its nippy and reliable! the money is gonna be getting saved for my house., im going to the meet in january. at shelds. im going in the scoobie see you all then big boys. btw, Ed i dont know you, from adam, but ive seen a few vids of ur k10st repect son.

Stu you need to have a fair bit of spare cash (with reserves) to do a turbo, as they never exactly goto plan. I have not yet seen any K11 anywhere that I can say - YES that is how it should be done. (doesn't mean none exist, just to say many have big flaws)

Ed

ive got the cash, ive got plenty. ive seen a turbo diesel go wrong. my m8 altered the accutator rod on his 306.. it blow the engine to bits! i'll buy a 1.6vvl in stead. i'll then have 200 N/A brake with out the turbo lag. if i can find one that is.

stu0500 said:
ive got the cash, ive got plenty. ive seen a turbo diesel go wrong. my m8 altered the accutator rod on his 306.. it blow the engine to bits! i'll buy a 1.6vvl in stead. i'll then have 200 N/A brake with out the turbo lag. if i can find one that is.

sr_micra_boy has or knows someone with a contact for a vvl engine ,ask him

why 1.6? and not 2.0vvl

stu0500 said:
ive never thought about a 2.0, it'll be more work wont it? lol

not really,,ide say the same but sure some will disagree with me

1.6 is the beetter option imo

does that make it better for daily driver,handling?
a car can have too much power,eespecialy a road car used daily,it would be like one of those toy cars,wen you wind it up too much it goes to one side,goes in circles,or like a zig-zag,,imo would be horible to drive day to day

depending what you want out of the car obv

i get torque steering now, seems the like the n/s pulls like hell when i hit the gas hard.then both wheels will slip. i use to be awfull when i had the steels on.its a lil better with the allows

ooo stu didnt relise that u were actually the fast red micra kickin about.... wayne and phil i think it was had this fly past them ages ago and didnt kno who it was!!!

stuart

i thought you owned a 2002 3dr 1.0 micra with no mods (as copied from MH) interesting to know you've had all this work done now, also Raceworx said 5k, i didn't.

Ed in regard to turbocharging, cisco's is looking pretty good these days

just re-read the thread, stu which engine are you using? cg14?

do you mean the 1.4 micra engine cga13de? or an almera/primera/sunny 1.4 ga14de? just curious mate.

:)

micra_pete agree, ciscos is pretty good infact perhaps by far the best I have seen. I'm amazed that he finds the RS5F31V boxes any good though, I have broken 4 gear sets in them now.

Titch said:
Nah man - they came with Anti Roll bars :)

pretty sure they didnt you know, i know my old lx 1.3 didnt have them. then as far as i remember they introduced them to all the K11 range post 1996 but then when the nissan renault merger took place they removed them from the 1.0L range to save costs. i think it was luke that mentioned this before.

Yeah ciscos site has a wealth of knowledge about turbo charging the CA13DE. there are some very intersting posts on there. ED is the RS5F31V the std primera box? or a japanese equivelent with viscous lsd?

my advice would be. Source a SR20VE Neo VVL engine from Japan or the US.

Just seen an article in Jtuner and an Almera has one in and it there raving on about it...

Davey C said:
pretty sure they didnt you know, i know my old lx 1.3 didnt have them. then as far as i remember they introduced them to all the K11 range post 1996 but then when the nissan renault merger took place they removed them from the 1.0L range to save costs. i think it was luke that mentioned this before.

Well i've got the facelift 1.0ltr and its got front and rear anit roll bars as standard :)

Titch said:
Well i've got the facelift 1.0ltr and its got front and rear anit roll bars as standard :)
as post says yours will have front and rear arb (post '96) the frenchies didn't start to rule until after 2000, but i think they started leaving them off iirc in 2001.

indeed mate, im a lil guttered that i can get a whiteline kit, i was talking to dave,and he said having them makes the car handle mintly. but i a sure you, its not a 1.0L back from the 96.i can fit one from scratch,but i'll need.. the anti role bar joints and the bar. but cant be bothered with the chew and fuss

I'm also a Teesside lad... have to keep my eyes open when I'm out and about. Though I think I'll only get envious when I'm sat in my standard 89 K10...

Pete

bloodyhell, yeh it is, i did that ages ago, my number plate was...
NA02 YML but now its S90 SEW mines the only micra with a silver coach-line.
so pete, where abouts in boro are you from?

spk soon stu.

Back