Spoiler fitting help

So, I'm fitting my spoiler today, one of these style ones:

09f966c71ec620e367dd53205f36ed50.jpg

Was intending to just glue it down, but because I was an idiot and bought a knock-off one, it's not a perfect fit and needs screwing down near the corners at the left+right edges (otherwise there's small gaps, and it doesn't look right).

I've seen people posting about screwing theirs down, but leaving no visible evidence of it on the top of the spoiler. How do you do that? I couldn't find any pictures or info that offer much help. I know you drill a hole in the boot but not too sure otherwise.

Aaaah, that makes sense. So it seems I'm a bit 'screwed' then! On the underside of mine it's just plain fibreglass.

So I can either put some ugly screws through it, or glue it down with ugly gaps at the side. Hmmm :\ Orrr I can accept it as a big waste of money and try to get an actual Nissan one!

edit: got one on Ebay for £25 in the same silver, winner! An actual Nissan one, this time. Shows me for trying to take shortcuts (especially when the fake one actually cost more, plus the price of paint. I'm a fool)

Aaaah, that makes sense. So it seems I'm a bit 'screwed' then! On the underside of mine it's just plain fibreglass.

So I can either put some ugly screws through it, or glue it down with ugly gaps at the side. Hmmm :\ Orrr I can accept it as a big waste of money and try to get an actual Nissan one!

edit: got one on Ebay for £25 in the same silver, winner! An actual Nissan one, this time. Shows me for trying to take shortcuts (especially when the fake one actually cost more, plus the price of paint. I'm a fool)
Just put the same wing on last weekend. Was quiet easy. Had to drill holes from the inner side of the door. From out side, you have to mark up the exact place of the two screws on the wing, for this, you have to measure the distance from the middle of one screw, to the middle of the other. Also be careful not to place it too near to the roof, because when you open the rear door, the wing could catch it easily. First i've drilled the top holes from the outside, drilled a little bit further so it drilled through from the inner side. Than i used a much bigger drill from the inner side to make it bigger, giving more space to fit a washer before you tighten it. Good luck!

Back