Speaker on drivers side of Micra has no sound?

The speaker on the drivers side has no sound at all, only on the passenger side. Would this be due to loose wiring or something more complex?

If so, is it fixable yourself or would I need to bring it in somewhere to get it fixed?

Thanks

Could be incorrectly connected, loose connection or a problem with the speaker itself.
Not too difficult to take off the door card and have a little play/look at it yourself ;)

It is probably a loose wire, or the speaker has stopped working. You could try tapping the speaker grille gently to see if that brings out back to life (mine does this). If not then it's fairly easy to get behind the radio to have a look there - just remove all the screws you can see around the centre console and take off the plastic trim - and same for the door. I think you can get to the speaker without disturbing the whole for card, but I may be wrong.

If you search the Internet for removing Micra radios and for cards you should find done useful information. Hope you get it sorted.

Ok cool. I had to remove the radio in the wife's car to fit a dash clock and one of the wires on the harness had chafed on a bit of metal behind the dash. Might be worth checking something similar hasn't happened to you if the speaker end doesn't turn anything up.

The door card needs to come off to access the speaker. The plastic speaker grille and storage compartment slots are held by screws from behind the door card.

Door card is easy to remove. Total 6 philip screws to undo. Can be done within 15 minutes.

Lift up your door handle and you should be able to gently pry up the cover behind it. No screws -- it just snaps in. Set it aside.

Just remove the three screws under the armrest to remove the lower cover. Set it aside.

Wind down your window, THEN disconnect the power window and lock switch wiring harness.

Undo another 3 more screws holding the armrest and the entire armrest should come right out. Set it aside.

Starting from the bottom two corners of the doorcard, pull AWAY from the door about 1-2 inches to undo the clips and work your way around the door card. You shouldn't need much strength to undo the clips.

The clips look something like this (side view). I just grabbed a pic off Google, but it should give you an idea.

Look behind the door card to make sure that all the clips have come off, then lift the door card UP. Lifting up takes a bit more effort.

The door card basically hooks on to the door frame at the top where the window glass meets.

That's it!

Here's a pic of my door with the doorcard removed.

Photo 3-7-14 7 02 45 pm Edited.jpg

Last edited:
Did u manage to sort this out? Same thing happened to mine a few weeks back. If you need any help on how to sort it give us a shout :)

This is what mine looked like when I took the door cards off, I peeled the plastic away from the door to see if I could get to the wires but I couldn't, so I unscrewed the speaker and tried it with different wires...still wouldn't work so had to replace the speaker. bought one of ebay for £20 and fit straight in, now works perfect. The whole process took me about half an hour so not a big job at all...but im guessing its your speaker that doesn't work, the wiring should be fine. :)

Attachments

• CaptureDW.PNG
    CaptureDW.PNG
    671.4 KB · Views: 329
Back