Some problems needing resolved-asap

CMF_K11SS

» CMF Member
hi jus a quick help needed here, my temp gauge on the dash is not working, also when i come to traffic lights the car is stalling.

so i got 2 theories, temp guage is not reading correct n running the car rich like it would do on a cold morning, or throttle body could be stalling it n the temp sensor has nothing to do with it.... however id like to fix the temp guage so does anyone have some recommendations?

thanks stephen

CMF_jay85

» CMF Member
hey mate
the temp gauge not working wouldnt have anything to do with the car stalling. they run a temperature sender for the gauge and a temperature sensor for the computer.

the gauge not working i would have to say you have a sender problem.

the stalling problem... i agree with jaxx. give the TB resoldering a go

good luck mate

CMF_Ollie240585 MSC

» CMF Member
When my car kept stalling everytime it stopped it was due to dodgy HT (ignition) leads. These were getting damp in cold/wet weather and this was causing the car to not produce a big enough spark at low revs. My leads were about 10 years old to my knowledge.

I found out it was this because when I spracyed my entire engine bay with WD40 it stopped this so I knew it was deffinately part of the ignition system, so I was working back from plugs to dizzy.

Also in my car I found giving it some high revs for a few seconds and then letting the car idle also helped with its stalling problem!

Hope this is of some help.

Oz

CMF_K11SS

» CMF Member
jay85 WROTE:

"hey mate<BR>the temp gauge not working wouldnt have anything to do with the car stalling. they run a temperature sender for the gauge and a temperature sensor for the computer.<BR><BR>the gauge not working i would have to say you have a sender problem.<BR><BR>the stalling problem... i agree with jaxx. give the TB resoldering a go<BR><BR>good luck mate

do u know were the sender unit is and how easy it will be to replace?

thanks

CMF_K11SS

» CMF Member
thanks alot, it takes a micra lover in australia to help me out coz over on msc in the uk i got no response jus it could be your maf, i really appreciate this =)

stephen

CMF_jay85

» CMF Member
ok
i had a quick look today and by the look of it the temp sender is sitting sought of below the distrubutor and towards the back of the car in the head of the engine.
it will nbe a single wire.
if you want to test if it is the sender or another fault in the gauge the best way is to use a gauge checker but if you don't have or can't get hold of one then you can simply earth the wire (going to the sender) out and the gauge should move to the hot..... if it does than you have a sender problem if not then you have another problem.
good luck and keep us posted as to how you go.

jay

Back