Shr3ky does it again

SHR3K

Ex. Club Member
Well as many of you know i'm mental :p

I decided to cut out my front grill and mesh it, but while i was high on paint fumes i took a grinder to me bonnet;

Anyway its turned out pretty awesome.

Grill.JPG

Scoop3.JPG

Scoop1.JPG

Scoop2.JPG

Shr3k

Update smoothing it out now for grinding but here you go :

Shr3k

Scoop4.JPG

Nope no spare bonnet lol, Just very high on paint fumes!

lol

Anyway primers going on now :D

I'll have pics tonight,

Shr3k

erm, he doesnt have a spare bonnet laying about :S

also, i would call up you insurance company and tell them.

cos if they need to know about this stuff and you crash then your up do not swear creak.

jackassuk

I just did m8y, Also checked with dvla if my car colour needs changing and they said is it still mostly red? If so its fine.

Insurance went up 23p lol apparently thats the price i pay per year for me car being modified :D Good old quinn lol,

Shr3k

how can u prevent water getting into throttle body with this design?

or is it impossible??

just wondering because i dont think it can be done....as in.....u cannot prevent water entering through those vents?

im guessing that it is ok for water to make its way under the bonnet and over the engine....aslong as eveything is taped / secured / plugged down so its all water tight?

it will be interesting to see how it turns out.....wasnt sure i liked mine untill i finished it.........so i reserve comment untill the jobs done......you never know it may look the the part

As jackass said the design has been changed. But i'm waiting 2 days untill its finished before i unveil it ;)

Shr3k

Actually japsye i kept it nice and shallow, and curved it out lol,

Anyway i decided with a little help from my friends to curve in a "scoop" well its looking spanking to be honest.

See what you think, had a coat of primer:

Oh and 4 hours of sanding.... Worth it though :D

http:\\bugsy.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/woopwoop!.JPG

Anyway hope you like it i got to go dad's being annoying, anyway see you later guys,

Shr3k

trust me it looks alot better than it did at 9 when i left,

i might be a little bit late, cos i get me new processor and want to play :p

jackassuk

we currently dont know how to do it ourselves :S

we will be trying to fit the grill today inbetween sorting out my bloody computer :(

we have epoxy resin and fiberglass

so the mesh will probs be attached with grp (glass reinforced plastic)

Post some pics laters.

jackassuk

Back