Shoot me now! Gearbox rebuilding the genuine way

Stani1029

Club Member
So im fed up of putting in gearboxes which are already duff so ive got my donor gearbox which im hopefully going to rebuild myself with your help. I went to nissan and we couldnt quite work out all the bits i needed so heres a picture of the internals, im hoping to replace all bearings/washers/shims that could wear over time so if someone could kindly shout out what i need and what number it is on the pic :)

5055AC62-1D21-423D-BF56-6E9F0B153555-3472-0000042166148926.jpg

Good luck Stani, i renewed the main shaft bearings when the 5.1 CwP was fitted, getting them from Nissan was erm.. interesting :confused: first time around ended up with 2 wheel bearings (they had called up the driveshaft schematic by mistake!)

I notice the final drive pinion on your diagram is separate from the shaft,I had thought they were part of the shaft? Like this which I believe is off an Almera or Sunny I think. They look fixed on the 5.1:1 final drive here too http://dealerservices.autotrader.co.uk/22922/download/rally-parts.pdf

The 5.1 Final drive pinion is part of the shaft 1275 your right :)

Stani 32264 is your pinion shaft end bearing (thats what i asked Nissan for) it'l be about £27, its also conical which is doesnt look in the pics but it is! replaced mine when fitting my 5.1, ended up with a gearbox specialst as they are a swine to get off!

When i took a peek inside the spare on mine, it wasnt that hard to take apart...it went back together pretty easily aswell. I say the hardest part will be getting the bearings on and off.

Unfortunatly i cant help on part numbers. Maybe better to start stripping it down and checking the bits for wear.

When i took a peek inside the spare on mine, it wasnt that hard to take apart...it went back together pretty easily aswell. I say the hardest part will be getting the bearings on and off.

Unfortunatly i cant help on part numbers. Maybe better to start stripping it down and checking the bits for wear.

Cool cheers, im just gonna strip it and compare it to the diagram i have. Work out what the wearing parts are and just buy them and replace.

Btw when i say took it apart im mean i removed all the easy big bits (these all pretty much fall out)...not the idividual items on the spindles. Just incase i gave the impression that everything just slides off lol.

Its not the part numbers im needing john, just a general idea of where the parts are so i can look at the diagram nissan gave me and work it out from there :)

Back