Serious brake issues

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
I've noticed my brakes felt a bit weird for a couple of months now. Went to change them and found the discs were all black and strange looking on the inside and untouched on the out side face. When I fitted the new ones and went to the supermarket and back, the visible faces of the discs were untouched although the brakes were very effective :eek:.

I've ordered some red brake rubber grease off ebay and I'm going to order some new rubber bellows from Nissan tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm going to clean an re-lube the slide pins this afternoon.

Both, but I need to sort the brakes or it'll just wreck the new parts :).

good luck mate hope you can find the problem. i've been hearing a squealing from mine recently on the odd occassion, i'm unsure if its the rear drums though because on inspection i can't find any obvious signs of damage on the fronts. hmm maybe at some point i'll consider upgrading to aftermarket discs

Right, I've stripped, cleaned and regreased the slide pins as a temp fix :). The car maintenance blood god took about a teaspoon out of my right knuckle :)D). If you're getting a squeal, I'd remove the front pads and lightly smear copper grease on the back of the pads :).

Back