seat harnesses

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Hello,

i'm looking to get some harnesses for my bucket seats i should be getting from Kristian soon.What make is most recommended and mostly used by members of the MSC?

You can get unbranded ones off ebay for 32 quid each I think.
Now don't be going on about lower quality as they are FIA approved and E-marked.
Halfords sell sparco harnesses for 50 quid.

will have to pop into halfords and another car supplier near mine.Deff need them to be black though lol

So RAGE and SPARCO are good 'uns to go for?

wheres the best place to fit the harness? I've seen alot of people do it to the rear passenger seat belt.

Some people have said do it right behind the seats,but i dont have a clue where.

The rear passanger lap belt mounting point is good, anything less than a 45 degree angle, ie right behind the seat, the harness is useless

No bother, the 3 point harness was mounted with one point on the rear lap belt mount. The other two I had mounted on the actual rear seat mounting points.

This was done by a place the preps rally cars so I pressume is the proper place to mount them and safe etc etc.

as scottish has said, best place is the rear lap belt mounts, with the front part of the belt fit them to the mounts of the original seat belt.

thats where i had mine :)

Back