Screaming Window

Drivers window on 2005 Micra was screaming its head off when going up and down. Dry seals.
A bit of furniture polish rubbed into the inside of the seals solves problem.

Had the same problem with my 2005 micra aswell, just sprayed the roller thing (very accurate description) with WD40 and haven't had a problem since

Had the same problem with my 2005 micra aswell, just sprayed the roller thing (very accurate description) with WD40 and haven't had a problem since

Yeah, I could have done that I suppose. I did not want to take the chance on the glass being smeared.

Can I please ask how you access the roller thing? Does it mean taking off the door card? Hate having to do that, always seem to snap a few clips.

Can I please ask how you access the roller thing? Does it mean taking off the door card? Hate having to do that, always seem to snap a few clips.

Yeah mate just pop off the door cards and pull back the little plastic see through sheet if there is one. You'll see the roller 3/4 down the door. Give it a good spray, put the plastic sheet back on the glue around the door and just pop the door card back in. You might have a bit of residue on your windows after but that will fix it :)

Back