Rev gauge

Basically i have bought one its fitted to the dash, i have established i am going to earth it to the radio and use the radios swith and permanant live for the gauge to turn on when the key turns but im having trouble getting the green wire to the dizzy iv had the glove box out and the centre console and its packed with the heaters and vents etc i havent got a clue how to get this one wire through to the dizzy. Its a facelift k11 by the way

Any help is much appreciated

Cheers

Found that no problem, its getting the wire to the hole thats the problem the dash is ####in packed with heaters n vents etc etc

push the wire through and just keep checking the passenger footwell, it'll come out eventually, you may have to pull back the carpet.

Nooooooo what i mean is, when i drill a hole in the dash for the wires to go down through i have got to get the wire from the top of the dash, through all the heaters etc down to this gromit hole, and i havent got a clue how to i cant get my hands in there at all :S

Oh! lols. I just cable tied mine along the dash near the front to some existing wiring. Don't go behind it go around it.

Nooooooo what i mean is, when i drill a hole in the dash for the wires to go down through i have got to get the wire from the top of the dash, through all the heaters etc down to this gromit hole, and i havent got a clue how to i cant get my hands in there at all :S

if you do use this route for the wires then remember to take any rings off your fingers before putting your hands behind the dash, I didn't on a Saab 2 years ago and set fire to the wiring when my wedding ring shorted something out.

Easiest way I found for routing wires behind there was to get a mate to shine a torch from one side while feeding through the wire.

---dens

Back