Rear light pods

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
WHOOPIE all painted up and fitted along with open grill shame pics are shakey but cant help that......few jobs left to do .....reversing light to fix and wire along with fog light and 2 reflectors will do that sometime this week..The only problem I had was the brake light and tail light were the wrong way around for some reason so this must be the wiring been differant on european cars so a simple cut and block conector sorted that out along with the poor earth issue now its all sorted and im well pleased. I was allways a fan of the lexus look lights but I think for some reason these look a lot better.......

Attachments

• Photo-0006.jpg
    Photo-0006.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 244
  • Photo-0007.jpg
    Photo-0007.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 192
  • Photo-0008.jpg
    Photo-0008.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 177
  • Photo-0009.jpg
    Photo-0009.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 185
damn, you did that quick... :) looks good, better than i thought they would to be honest (never been quite sure on that design)

this car gets better every time i see it :D

with the wiring its the same with the normal march lights the stop and tail lights are the other way round compared to the uk spec iirc.

they look really nice on your micra

hope you dont mind me asking....where are u adding the fog and reverse light to? bumper? straight underneath rear lights? middle under number plate?

cheers

Your right by law you do need a fog light so using an old photo this is where they are getting fitted but i wont be using re lense I will be using two clear lenses but using a red bulb in one of them, I will also be fitting some reflectors as these are also needed by law for these items I will be looking at the fiat brava/bravo to sorce them from.....

Attachments

• skirt.JPG
    skirt.JPG
    397.9 KB · Views: 179
Reverse light isnt required for MOT so maybe you shouldnt worry about that. Reflectors, yeah ok required for MOT but just take them off after it's passed! Ems has no reflectors on hers and she's never been pulled over.

Car looks very nice, im not so keen on those lights either but they suit it :)

well given the only others ive seen are all clear lenses these look a little differant as for the mot well it takes so little time to put the proper light clusters back in, so I will just do that when the time comes.........strange thing though the earth wire on these clusters must not mate up with the earth wire in harness because when i connected them up and swaped stop and tail light wires around I had to run earth wire to car body to get them working correctly, Not giving it any more thought i left it like that but found my temp gauge not working this morning and one of the 10amp fuses had blown now i dont know if the two are realated yet but i have cut the wire in pods that runs into harness and just stuck with the seperate earths I replacfed the fuse but as It was lunch time i didnt have time to run car and see if this cured temp gauge problem I will know if its worked when i use car tonight to come home............lets hope so

all sorted wires cut from harness fuses replaced temp gauge working GREAT:laugh: :laugh:

im liking this design dude as i wanted them rear lights but was unsure what they wuld look like, and that spoiler is so awesome it is much better then the standard super s wrap around one.

keep going with this as i like your taste :)

cheers m8ty spoiler can be bought at www.nicedeals.co.uk for a mere 58 quid. I have also decided to use clear indicater lenses on the bumper 1 for fog light and one for reversing light should look ok and in staying with the round light theme..............

Back