Rasied/Stiffened Suspension Help

Hey,
In July me and my two brothers are driving to Mongolia as art of the Mongol rally, and our car of choice was of course a Nissan Micra!

We have a K11 1.3 Activ. Pictures and details here http://millsbrothers.co.uk/?page_id=12

On our trip we are going to be travelling across deserts and mountains. With all the extra weight on the car and the terrible roads we figure we need to raise and stiffen the suspension!

Does anyone have any tips/ideas on the best way to acheive this??

you,ll end up with mad driveshaft angles jamie :eek: better to go for a facelift 1.0 g/box and big van tyres imo (165/80/14 ?)

Yeah did think raising it might cause problems! What about just stiffening the shocks to avoid it bottoming out?!

Any ideas appreciated!

Yeah did think raising it might cause problems! What about just stiffening the shocks to avoid it bottoming out?!

Any ideas appreciated!

you could gain a couple of inches with some longer topmount bolts and standoffs jamie, then another couple with the 4.4?:1 facelift1.0 diff and bigger tyres eh, and there,s plenty of rear springs to choose from, but stiffer shocks would have to be rally (£££) ones eh

You could stiffen up and raise the springs using those towing spring assistors. They keep the spacing of a couple of coils by stopping them copressing, and by effectively reducing the spiring by however many coils they "kill" they will make the remaining spring stiffer.

I bet theres some OEM shocks and/or springs that can be found to lift the rear though. I like franks Idea of the stand offs under the top mounts.

Have a good look under the car too, the brake lines run on the inside edge of a structural member - it might be worth re routing them inside the car.

Back