Quinn Insurance

bobb

Ex. Club Member
They suck.

I was paying £750 for my insurance which i though was a pretty good deal.

I did my pass plus, so i phoned them and they said that i could get £25 off. Which was cool.

They rang me back and asked me if i'd passed my test because they still had me down as a provisional driver. I said i'd passed in December and they said ok i'll just change the price now. They told me that it's £200 more!

Muppets!

So i'm like £320 down this month with that, the rest of my insurance and my car tax. That's like all the money i'd saved up to spend on my car.

/rant.

It's my last payment this month, otherwise i would have told them what to do with their 'premium'. So it was pay £200 or sacrifice my first years N.C.B. The people on the the phone were really nice so i felt bad about having a go at them.

I'm more annoyed at the fact that i haven't really been insured properly over the last couple of months. I read through all my documents when i had them and it didn't say anything about contacting them when i pass my test.

There's a logic behind it (I'm with quinn too):
When you're on provisional you can ONLY drive with someone who's 21+ who has had their license for 3 years or an authorized driving instructor. When you pass you're allowed to drive on your own. This means you're more likely to cock SOMETHING up or behave differently. Passing your test doesn't mean you're a Class-A driver, infact I found I drove WORSE after passing my test and that's ONLY because I was unsupervised.

I found that when i didn't have someone watching over my shoulder the whole time i was less nervous, and a much better and smoother driver.
It lets you work stuff out without worrying what people think.

I found that when i didn't have someone watching over my shoulder the whole time i was less nervous, and a much better and smoother driver.
It lets you work stuff out without worrying what people think.
I was the opposite. I found driving with my instructor more comforting, know he'd save me if I was about to screw up. On my own I'd be nervous and scared of upsetting other road users.

Besides, statistics (which is where insurance prices come from!) say that you're more likely to have an accident if you're not on a provisional than otherwise. :)

I actually found quinn to be a bunch of muppets, i failed on one payment so they supposedly sent me a letter saying they have canceled my insurance with them. Found this out 3 months later when i called up enquiring as to why I'm not being debited, to which they replied "we did send you a letter in december saying that it has been cancled but it was returned to us do you normaly have diffculty getting letters to your door.
Never ever had a problem getting letters to a door, plus it would be nice to inform me at some point that i'm driving ilegaly!

Back