Question about 1.4 conversion.

Im in the middle of buying a 1.4 cga3 . at the moment i have a coilpack 1.0. Will the clutch from the 1.0 work witb the 1.4? What else would i need to get to do the conversion? Ecu? Thanks in advance!!

It's in my blog. The engines a straight swap. The only thing you should do is swap the flywheels over as the 1.0 flywheel is 2kg lighter. This will give you a nice little boost seeing as you've got access to both.
The ecu could do with being swapped also, if you want the best performance. It underfueled slightly if you keep the 1.0l one on.

Thanks mate thats exactly the answer i was hoping for? Is yhe flywheel easy to remove? Need an impact gun? Also is it dangerous to have it under fueling or is it only slightly?maybe fixable with an ajustable fpr??

Yes the flywheel is easy to remove. You need to jam it with a bar or big driver else it turns as you try and loosen the bolts. There's a flat spot as you accelerate hard with the 1.0l ecu. It's hard to explain if you've not driven both ECUs. Fitting the 1.4 ecu just makes it more torquey throughout the rev range, and the flatspot vanishes. It won't damage it though as the lambda will keep the fuel pretty much correct. The Bosch ecu is very good at keeping the fueling correct. I spoke to Ed at Fusion Motorsport and he said even swapping air intakes and exhausts on second facelifts has minimal effect due to the ecu trying to keep everything as factory. Megasquirt is a good way to go if you fancy a mappable ecu.

Megasquirt is the plan maybe with a turbo at a later date when i have enough cash. I might see how much the 1.4 ecu is as the engine alone is 350€.

Back