Problems

Hi driving my car today in 4th around 2k revs and car holding back as if cutting fuel any ideas please ? If I down shift and raise the revs then switch to fourth and drives about 2.5k fine :(

Decat and that's it except dash being wrapped nothing exceptional only started today been serviced last month plugs all okay and gapped chian a bit rattly and new water pump other than that its stock

frank

Club Member
the snorkel is designed specifically to remove any flatspots in the powerband jack, you might gain a couple of hp @ 6k by removing it, but at the expense of flatspots

Had similar to you, found out when removing the snorkel bit a small bit of gauze type filter I left in the box dislodged and was blocking the main air feed into the throttle body....maybe bud ? I also had my tps renewed at the same time, £8 on ebay not that good though, idle to high, and erratic high revving on occasion, but getting better.
Look for the gauze in the throttle body bud.

right this is what i mean flat road testing going along wont rise about 2400 revs see foot flat to floor , on and off throttle to raise revs fault comes back repeat process and downshift at end.

Cars started running fine ? I removed my dash and checked ECU was contacting terminals checked lume , unplugged every injector and cleaned terminals and put another earth strap from engine to battery ... I said it wasn't because of the snorkel :)