Opinions on spray on vinyl for alloys

I want black or dark grey alloys and have been recommended to get some spray on vinyl is it easy to go wrong? Also what are people opinion on buying window tint and doing it myself? If it goes wrong is it easy to peel off? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Window tint wouldn't work.

I think what your referring to is plasti-dip

Iv never used it but its supposed to be quite good

I got mine off an import march already tinted, never tried it myself but quite a few people have trouble getting all the air bubbles out and it looks rubbish :p

@Jen319 got window blinds which give a tinted/darker look to the windows for her k12

OP
OP
Rosie
That's what I'm worried about, i can't even put a screen protector on my phone lol but I'm sure I could find someone to do it for me, yeah I chatted with Jen about then they are my main option just waiting for some to come on eBay at a decent price so just figuring my options out :)

I've actually just painted my wheels black....all by myself ;)
(well.....one of my spare sets :p)

they're not on the car just yet, I'm still waiting for the lacquer to be properly set (8 days to go :mad:)

But.....before.....
IMG_20140327_171755_zps0e181502.jpg

....after.... ^_^
IMG_20140404_171735_zps7c03f788.jpg

I haven't done a write up in my thread (Love Turbo) yet as I don't want to until I have a sweet ass photo of them actually on the car LOL

it wasn't dificult, as such....but it takes a while to make sure you rub down (wet and dry) properly
Preparation is key!

OP
OP
Rosie
Yay I'm so glad you've done it! Cos once I know you've done it I know it's gonna look okay haha! I'm excited now I'm just worried that the colour of my car won't suit black alloys but I reeeeeally want them!

OP
OP
Rosie
Yeah I think I'll stick with the safe option, think I'm gonna try window blinds first anyways :)