Onboard computer? Can I see fuel economy?

Hello everyone

Last october I bought my first car ever, a 2nd hand (well, more like 7th or so) 2003 1.2 tekna. I checked a website for the specs of my car and I have just seen that it has an onboard computer. I looked it up on youtube and apparently people can see their fuel economy and things like that.

The thing is that the seller gave it to me with an aftermarket radio (like the one seen in the photo). Is there any way to see the fuel economy there? Or do I have to (somehow) install a trip computer display (like this person did)? Is there anyway to have both of them at the same time?
eb4f31ee59a62b1d8b361e1d0e1a6131

Depending on the originally selected option/accessory package, you might have a fuel economy option available at your dash.
Micra of mine has 2 trip meters, fuel economy and kilometers left with present fuel quantity and this technical marvel lights orange led at fuel gauge, when you have fuel left for ~65km's.

Depending on the originally selected option/accessory package, you might have a fuel economy option available at your dash.
Micra of mine has 2 trip meters, fuel economy and kilometers left with present fuel quantity and this technical marvel lights orange led at fuel gauge, when you have fuel left for ~65km's.
Thanks for the quick response
Tbh I don't know much besides the 1.2 tekna thing. I do have 2 trip meters, but I don't think I have the others. When I press (I believe) the left button it only shows the 1st trip meter (that only counts 1000km), 2n trip meter and the clock.

Have you read the owners manual? If yours doesn't have that option from the factory you could always fit a Bluetooth OBD reader and link it to your phone to display any live information you like.

My Micra had the fuel consumption in the dash along with the trip and blue engine light when engine was cold but they stopped working some years ago and only left with trip options, as it would mean a complete dash change I opted for an OBD readout on a permanent basis and haven't looked back since.:)

Back