Not Firing On One At All!!!

Stani1029

Club Member
hello, since having fitted my new pistons etc. the car has never been firing on cylinder 1...the head gasket has just been blown also so i took the head off and piston #1 is still brand spanking new where as the others have slight carbon on it, any ideas?? new spark plugs have been fitted, ive changed the leads and dizzy aswell! it is sparking on cylinder one so could it be a fuel problem?? help is appreciated thanks :blush:

I know it's unlikely but if the piston was fitted incorrectly couldn't the mixture go past the piston into the crankcase? I guess you could check the breather filter for excess oil.
But yeah check the injector as it's more likely

I have check the injecter and does not seem to be block!
Thanks

I would use a diode plug tester, think you might be able to use a small low voltage bulb. Just short it out across the terminals to check to see if a signals getting to the injector.
How did you test the injector?

Or if the heads off already check the condition of the cylinder bores, any petrol in the oil? Could also fill the cylinders with wd40 and leave overnight to check the rings are sealing.

Whats the condition of the head gasket, why has it blown? Could be quite an important clue.
Inlet valve on cylinder 1 ok and serviceable?

As much info as you can.

Whip

Compression check and swap injectors about and see if problem moves.

ok well i have fitted my new head gasket and was running the car which kept on overheating cause theres a fault with the fan, filled it up with water again and then i had problems starting it, got p'eed off with it and drove it stupid and blew the new head gasket within minutes!! im getting to the stage where i should give up on micras and save thousands lol

stani

it sounds like the water ingress had washed the piston clean, and maybe the injector was working ok ?

Well you should have perhaps looked to see what could have killed the first headgasket... Anyway dump that engine and get another if I were you.

Back