Nissan Recall 800,000 K12's - May 2013

That's interesting...
134,000 in the UK...
My steering wheel doesn't feel loose lol :D
No letter for me yet ^_^...or Mum for that matter
...if we get one, I'll let ya know ;)

I got the ECU recall back in 2010, but mum didn't...wonder if it's her turn? :p

ive no letter yet either my steering feels a bit wooly but think am needing new track rod ends ive had recall for boot lock and something to do with behind a light will let yas no if i get 1

hi, what was that recall for?
I got a letter saying something about the ECU had a possibility of causing loss of power and stuff (stalling and difficulty restarting)
...never actually had an issue, but popped her to the dealer and about 10 minutes later I was on my way home, didn't cost a thing ;)

(Mine is a Dci 82 engine, my mum's is a 1.4 and she didn't get that one)

Just logged onto my You+Nissan and ive been recalled, its to be expected when you buy a 2003 53 plate plebeian edition 1.0
ah, You+ Nissan...perhaps I should check mine? :oops:

ETA: Just logged into my You+Nissan and I've been recalled too *facepalm*
My steering wheel feels solid and fine, but better safe than sorry...better put my mums reg in and check hers :rolleyes:

Yeah I registered on the curiosity of it all
Same here ^_^ ...haven't really used it yet :p

say if i stick a k12 sticker on a k11,would it fool them enough ? :)
I think you'd need a little bit more than a sticker to fool them...at least, I hope you would LOL

Just phoned my local Nissan Dealer/Garage and the nice lady at the other end explained that they will be sending out letters in the next week to owners who's cars may be affected...
then organising slots to perform the "repair"
....she also mentioned to me that the "Part" hadn't come in yet so I couldn't organize a time just now ^_^

....so it seems as though they are replacing the nut, not just doing it up a bit :p

Took mine in today. sorted the steering wheel part out and then pointed out another £500 worth of work they recommend I get done, I think not!

On the upside they washed it and hoovered it, shame I took it to the Polish hand car wash half an hour before!

Guess I'll be calling Nissan again tomorrow to double check if I'm recalled or not *facepalm*
still no letter or E-mail to clarify since I looked at my "You+Nissan" page :rolleyes:
....wonder if I should take off the sticky back plastic B-pillar trims...seeing as last time I was there I asked how much it would be for the proper ones LOL

ETA: just logged into my You+nissan again and it's still telling me to contact my local dealer
...and not just for mine now, but my mums too ^_^

Finally registered You+ and i've been recalled but no letter either.. also discovered mines 60hp? I was certain it was an DCi82!!

if your tax is £30 it must be an 82 or a later 86/88 engine all the others are £105 tax ...sorry..."road fund licence" ;)

if you put your reg into mycarcheck (you don't have to pay) it should say at the top a Nissan Micra (spec name) Dci 82 (3/5 door Hatchback)
my sport+ was advertised as an 86...but I still double checked and was pleased that she was, in fact, an 82 ^_^
...........the 82 engine is 119g CO2/KM band C
The later 86 engine is 120g CO2/KM also band C
http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/facts-and-figures/nissan/micra/hatchback-2003/running-costs/
it should also say this on your v5c

Got my letter yesterday without even registering at Nissan website.

Nissan must have got my details from DVLA. Gonna call them next week :cool:

Got my letter this morning...nothing for mums just yet
Called them up this afternoon....but the service desk was too busy so they're gonna call me back...eventually :rolleyes:

gotta say I was rather impressed that their hold music was Queens of the Stoneage though LOL

ETA: Blimey, they must be busy o_O ...they called me back and I had a choice of appointments
...either Thursday or Friday...the 8th and 9th of August! :eek:
so...Booked in for the Thursday :p

Just had mine sorted, no problems at all ^_^
apparently Nissan haven't found a UK car with a problem yet :p

Mum got her letter yesterday, she's booked in for Wednesday (14th Aug)

Had mine 'checked' this morning.... Took it to Sandicliffe at 9am.. they didn't look at it until 9:30 and then it took them half an hour!!!! to check a nut...

I was told it would take 40 minutes....so I left her there at my alloted time 3pm
...and went for a wander...even resisted buying a lovely handbag :p
came back at 3:40 and she was ready for me ^_^
did they tell you 9am?...or just...bring it in? :(

They told me to be there at 9am (earliest slot) and i said i was waiting.. took them 20 mins to fanny about after clearing doing sweet fa for half an hour...!! + two new tyres this afternoon = productive day for the Shicra! (oh and led sidelights look mint :))

They told me to be there at 9am (earliest slot) and i said i was waiting.. took them 20 mins to fanny about after clearing doing sweet fa for half an hour...!! + two new tyres this afternoon = productive day for the Shicra! (oh and led sidelights look mint :))

That's a bit off isn't it <_<

Oh glad you got the LED's in...debating it myself now... ^_^

I tried taking photos of them the other night with my gopro. failed. but they do look much better, although i can now see the two bulges on the lights their in at night..

I have been by Nissan with my own 160SR and my mothers 1,4. no problems with the steering and they said that there was no reports on the fault in Denmark

Hello all, are members aware that Nissan are paying 20p per mile for the travelling expenses regarding the steering wheel recall?

Really?...never a mention of that n any corespondence (post or Email) or at the service centre/dealer o_O

....did you have to ask them for that?

(I'd have made a 4p per mile profit LOL)

Hello, I only found out when I was clicked on the chat link in you+nissan webpage, I explained that when my yaris went in for the accelerator problem recall Toyota gave me a £25 voucher to use at Toyota and also £10 of petrol and a carwash, she then said that Nissan were only offering 20p per mile fuel allowance, when I had the steering wheel checked at my local Nissan dealer I mentioned the fuel allowance and they said I would have to contact Nissan, when I got home I went back on the you+nissan site and they said they will send me a cheque in the next 7-10 days.

Hmmmm....
They gave me and my mum a voucher for a £30 MOT and half price service each...or something ^_^

Edit:.... £20 off Servicing :rolleyes:

Why is this post up the top ? I just read it contacted nissan and they said i was part of the recall but it was last year and they won't do anything about it, never got a letter

Why is this post up the top ? I just read it contacted nissan and they said i was part of the recall but it was last year and they won't do anything about it, never got a letter
This thread is stickied at the top of the page as it was deemed an important subject at the time ;)

It was more than a national issue and they really should still check it if it's on their list especially as it is a safety deal :(

Only took about 30 minutes, less even.

Just been for my recall the other day. The benefit of going was to obviously sort out the problem. But they also do a free health check and clean your car too.

For me the health check was the benficial part because there were a couple of major problems to sort and I got them done this morning. :)

Back