Nissan Micra K12 2005 - DIY & some subtle changes

Hi guys.

Im fairly new to the forum and this is my first ever post. I was given this micra as a gift from my father in law and he always wanted me to tidy the car up a little bit. So after getting in touch with another forum member I decided to do some home DIY jobs on my car.

I began by tinting my rear head lights, front grill and side indicators with a tint spray.

I purchased the tint spray from a local car parts shop for £7. Removed the lights etc. On the evening and left them to dry over night.

I then removed all of the wheel trims and sprayed them a matte black and tinted the nissan emblem in the middle.

Again the matte black paint spray can was £3. And again I removed all 4 and sprayed them with 2 coats each and left to dry over night.

Next is to do the headlights. Tint the rear windows limo black. Debadge the whole of the back. And spray the front badge black or eventually plasti dip the whole hood.

Not bad for a tenna ey...

Attachments

• 1409080331228.jpg
    1409080331228.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 2,523
  • 1409080345335.jpg
    1409080345335.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 2,497
  • 1409080364064.jpg
    1409080364064.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 741
  • 1409080429758.jpg
    1409080429758.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,145
  • 1409080442995.jpg
    1409080442995.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 971
Indeed a warm welcome Hasan. Unusual seeing the phase 1 bumper on front and facelift on the rear. Car looking great though. How easy is the tinting spray? I had tinted back lights,but couldn't see the lights,yours are a nice tint,subtle but nice :)

The secret to mine chris was to firstly have the lexus effect... so I cut out two circles and put them onto the circulor parts of the rear lights... I watched lots of videos on how to tint your lights too on youtube to get the correct technique.

So I stuck on two circles. And began by spraying the edges first. All 4 sides. And then held the tint spray about 8inches away and sprayed the ehole thing evenly... thats why the outsides are darker than the inside parts of the rear lights... but then it looked too dark and the circles looked too bright without any tint at all... so I just began to tint the circulor parts too... making the outsides darker n the inner circles slightly tinted...

Thanks for the compliments. There highly appreciated.

I did the whole thing in my back yard too.

Just make sure you clean your lights thoroughly. Apply one thick coat to the edges and then keep applying thin coats on the rest. But between coats wait at least 10 minutes. I used the same technique as if I was PLASTIDIPPING... hope that helps too... :)

Better knowing you've done it all yourself isn't it :) All my mods are homegrown so far,going to a professional for me vinyl work though. Does the spray effect the reflectors of the back lights? May have to get me some of that,help tie in my silver black theme,bought smoked side repeaters so will tie those in too :)

Better knowing you've done it all yourself isn't it :) All my mods are homegrown so far,going to a professional for me vinyl work though. Does the spray effect the reflectors of the back lights? May have to get me some of that,help tie in my silver black theme,bought smoked side repeaters so will tie those in too :)
Ah should have smoked spray the side repeaters and save the money to get more tint spray :p

What type of vinyl are you going for.. Wrap whole car? :-D

Its a wrap,but not a bonnet wrap :) not spilling any beans on this one. Its a unique design compiled by myself and the chap who's doing the work. Only couple of weeks and it'll be done and the big reveal shall be right here on the forum. So excited I could weeee haha. Well I came across "chrome" repeaters on ebay,they're tinted but have subtle chrome spots inside,couldn't help myself ;)

Its a wrap,but not a bonnet wrap :) not spilling any beans on this one. Its a unique design compiled by myself and the chap who's doing the work. Only couple of weeks and it'll be done and the big reveal shall be right here on the forum. So excited I could weeee haha. Well I came across "chrome" repeaters on ebay,they're tinted but have subtle chrome spots inside,couldn't help myself ;)
Can't wait to see the car.. I will be tempted to plastiDip whole car.. But will wait and see your car 1st :-D :-D

I keep debating bonnet wrap,on the shelf about it for now though. And I've never been keen on bonnet bras,might spray me bonnet,not sure. Still 2 weeks of waiting though for my car,I'm litterally counting days I'm that impatient haha

The tint spray does effect your reflectors if you go too dark but the indicators, rear lights, brake lights, side repeaters etc. all shine through perfectly. I recommend tinting the outside of the lights really dark but slight tints on the inside so you can still see the reflectors.

Ive just installed my new wind deflectors this morning too. Not bad for £32. Were abit fiddly to install, mainly the metal clips that hold them in that were fiddly because they have to be wedged into the window frame where the windows are wound up. Other than that they look awesome... ;) Ill get some pics posted soon ish...

Just waiting to get some limo tints, tint or get eyelids for my headlights and im done... Oh... And maybe grab some alloy wheels... Lol

I've been tempted to get the wind deflectors for a while,thanks for the heads up on fitting them :) Might leave the light tinting,may have a word with my vinyl man,you can get relfective tinting now,so might see if they can sort something for me.

This is how the wid deflectors look. Im really happy with them. They make the car look abit slicker and they are slightly tinted too.

Attachments

• 1409513369608.jpg
    1409513369608.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 593
  • 1409513386439.jpg
    1409513386439.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 507
  • 1409513407545.jpg
    1409513407545.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 568
  • 1409513420545.jpg
    1409513420545.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 461
There simple to install... the instructions are really easy to follow too. All u will need is a straight head screwdriver to push the window clips in. 5 minute job bro! :)

Just washed...

Attachments

• 1410295661718.jpg
    1410295661718.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 448
  • 1410295672857.jpg
    1410295672857.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 453
  • 1410295683573.jpg
    1410295683573.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 440
  • 1410295694905.jpg
    1410295694905.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 483
  • 1410295705771.jpg
    1410295705771.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 438
  • 1410295716680.jpg
    1410295716680.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 473
A thing to add with the wind deflectors... at high speeds. 60mph and above it makes a sound as though a small part of the window is open and letting air in. I think this noise is because wind is being pushed into the corner of the deflectors.

Also because the deflectors fit into the inside of the upper door frame te window rattles slightly. But this goes once the window is adjusted higher or lower.

Car looking nice an shiny there buddy. New clutch arrived for mine today,ready for if and when its ever needed. Saving up some pennies for now before spending on the deflectors,but shall be getting them at some point for sure :)

One major piece of advice for deflectors! The metal props which are placed into the window frames need to be made thinner because they are too wide. This can be done with some pliers.

They cause the frame of the window to be widened which causes 3 problems;

1) at 50mph+ it lets too much air through because the window is not sat flush with the frame. So you end up getting a constant sound of a window being ever so lightly open... sooo blumming annoying... especially if your like me :) and any little sound requires an investigation lol

2) when getting the car jet washed it leys water through slightly (again because window is not sat flush)

3) if you put the window about an inch down you get a constant rattling sound. Thats either again because its not flush or the window is constantly tapping the metal props.

Since ive adjusted the metal props for the deflectors my journeys are much more quieter.

I finally found out why they rattle and made so much noise. Luckily one of my mates who had a golf said that wind deflectors are designed to make your journeys more quiet lol :) which is a fair point so once he suggested I adjust the metal props they have been perfectomundo (y)

Very good Hasan. Thanks for keeping us updated with good/bad points and also with a solutions..

I like the idea of wind deflectors and I would definitely go for slightly different ones then yours..

The item that its been on my watch list for months now :p just can't make my mind up 'to buy it or not buy' :-D

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=171427739748&alt=web

This wind deflectors are simple 3m adhesive stick on type – not the clip brackets that goes inside the windows frame. So I guess it will not make any noise at all :-D

I will defo buy it soon tho :)

I think I have to agree with chris on this one. Plus the sticky ones mean added bulk to the car whereas these slot straight into the door frame... to be honest the deflectors can sit straight into the door frame without the clips even needed. Ive taken mine out :) and it works much better!

If anything it better because the window sit tighter into the door frame.

I got a quote to get my front and rear bumper touched up abit, aligned back into place and sprayed... the guy quoted me £150.00... is that a decent price?

How bad is the work that needs doing,i payed about that to have a whole door filled and sprayed on my old car. When insurance sorted my micra bumper the final bill for the woman at fault for wrecking my rear bumper was £700!!

Well £150 isnt bad at all then. My front bumper has been hit 3 times!! And the rear twice!! Btw... not any of them being my fault lol

And all hit and runs. I think its because my dads business is on a busy main road and theres lots of delivery turcks and vans and somebody is clipping my car... flippin jokas!

Back