new to all this :)

hi, im new to all this. just got my self a stock k11 1.0l wave.
iv fitted an induction kit and fitted a back box(car sounds amazing)

iv tinted the rear windows and sticker bombed the right hand side of the boot along with racing stripes.

im looking to get more out of it though.

iv never done any mods to any other car iv owned before ( vw golf 1.4 mk3 and a landrover freelander 1.8)
what can people suggest for me that wont cost the earth to do?

id like abit more acceleration but not really fussed on top end as all the roads round here are only small, biggest is a mile straight.

nice to of found a group that likes these little cars coz i think its amazing.

skymera

Brutal Honesty
iv tinted the rear windows and sticker bombed the right hand side of the boot along with racing stripes.

The truth:
We like little cars, but nobody likes go faster stripes.

The help:
For acceleration you can sort the intake and exhaust.
Stock is pretty restrictive and a cone induction kit will most likely give you mid-range flat spots and only the sense of OMG POWAH.
An Almera airbox and pipe along with a 4-2-1 manifold or a decat pipe should see your wee 1.0 a touch nippier.

1.3 cams are a good mod.

And a 1.3 engine is the best :)

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
The truth:
We like little cars, but nobody likes go faster stripes.

The help:
For acceleration you can sort the intake and exhaust.
Stock is pretty restrictive and a cone induction kit will most likely give you mid-range flat spots and only the sense of OMG POWAH.
An Almera airbox (With k&n panel) and pipe along with a 4-2-1 manifold or a decat pipe should see your wee 1.0 a touch nippier.

1.3 cams are a good mod.

And a 1.4 engine with 1.3 head is the best :)
Fixed. Also suspension, there are made to fit coilies out there for about £350, or you can buy and mod a set of corsa b or polo 6n coilovers to fit cheaply (£170+) (bit more involved than straight fit and a bit of a compromise tbh).

ok, well ive got a cone air filter and a cold air intake, ill be putting in a scoop on the bonnet later this week. the stipes are just on the back to make the sticker bomb look abit more al over the place, ill post some pics. how easy is it to fit 1.3 cams?? where can i get this sort of stuff?? iv tried looking but cant really find anything

im really new to all this and dont want to take on somthing that wil be to hard to do. also i dont want to have to pay out more on insurance and a 1.3 engine will do that.

i do have a guy that can do that type of thing for me so its not out of the question. what he will do is give me directions as im doing it so ill learn. i fitted and welded the back box myself and done a cv joint change.

skymera

Brutal Honesty
i do have a guy that can do that type of thing for me so its not out of the question. what he will do is give me directions as im doing it so ill learn. i fitted and welded the back box myself and done a cv joint change.
If you are after more power, a 1.3 change is the most cost effective.

Cams will do for now, with guidance you'll have no trouble fitting them :)

skymera

Brutal Honesty
would a 1.3 transplant be easy enough?? would i have to change anything else or would all the bits on my car fit the 1.3?
A search will give you the answers you need.

A 1.3 engine can fit on a 1.0 gearbox but you need to swap the flywheel and clutch from the 1.0 to the 1.3

and what sort of change should i expect? like 0-60,

It wont be a Ferarri, it'll still just be a 1.3 Micra. But you gain around 20HP from the swap alone

so i would need the engine, fly wheel and clutch? as i said im very new to all this and everyone i know is a dub head sond dont want to even look at my micra :(

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
You wont be doing 0-60 in 7 seconds though.. xD!
Going by 14 and a bit to 60 for 1l and 12 flat to 60 for 1.3l (all stock)
maybe 9 seconds for 1.3 at around 100hp (manifold, backbox, decat and induction kit), going by a stock saxo vtr (100hp, 0-60, 9 secs) which has more cc's but slightly heavier.

yh o thought as much, but then i thought if a 5 door weighs more maybe they had to tune the engine differntly to compensate for the weight differnce

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
stick to the 1.3 for now, turbo needs welding skills and lots of money haha. Yes all you need is the 1.3 engine, and you use the 1l flywheel and clutch you already have and fit them to the 1.3 engine.

pics of my micra

Attachments

• IMAG0049.jpg
    IMAG0049.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 272
  • IMAG0050.jpg
    IMAG0050.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 272
  • IMAG0051.jpg
    IMAG0051.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 494

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Ooooo I like the colour ;)

De-wiper job on your to do list?

A tatseful set of 14s or 15s on a 50mm drop will look the business.