Need opinions on a respray colour.

CMF_Polarbear

» CMF Member
So, with some luck I'm getting a micra and getting it resprayed cheaply. I was thinking canary yellow and doing the interior in yellow/black but thanks to a co-worker I'm now thinking black (?possibly still with the yellow/black interior)

Anyone care to offer some opinions on my colour choice or have some other ideas of what I should do with it (provided I can buy it)

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
I went Metallic Black with Gold Metallic Pearl and in summer its ridiculously hot.. so much so aircon takes a good 5-10mins to even start making inroads

I would suggest a lighter colour

CMF_Polarbear

» CMF Member
It's a 5 door guys, and I figured black would probably be really hot but how reduced would that be with dark dark window tinting?

What my friend said was 'I think it's look too much like a chicks car in yellow' I wanted a black car originally but here in the central Queensland heat... I'm none too sure.

Also, I don't want to have any metallics or pearl cause that'll push up the cost of the respray.

CMF_MattyK

» CMF Member
cheap respray = not the interior, underbonnet or door frames probably. So make sure whatever you pick doesn't look terrible with the existing colour (if you tell us that you might get some better ideas)

CMF_Polarbear

» CMF Member
MattyK, it will be the interior and door frames etc, just not in the engine bay. Might be able to get him to do under the bonnet though... It's a mate of mine who's offered and we'll do it together over a 3 day (fri-sun)

Also depending on what happens it'll either be a white one or a green one.

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
Whatever you decide you can get most of the engine bay (that is visable by eye) with matt black spray cans if you are anal about it..

Pick a colour and just spray engine bay matt black

CMF_Polarbear

» CMF Member
a few problems there tho mattyk
I already have a white car and I hate the colour, even an off-white would still be too white for me :p

And I don't really like green all that much.

Haha, now it's like I'm just being difficult... Also, the yellow beast in Melb was originally white wasn't it?

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Polarbear WROTE:

"a few problems there tho mattyk

I already have a white car and I hate the colour, even an off-white would still be too white for me :p

And I don't really like green all that much.

Haha, now it's like I'm just being difficult... Also, the yellow beast in Melb was originally white wasn't it?

Yep, door-shut roller marine paint paintjob.

Also, you are being difficult. Go to a colour chart, close your eyes, and put yourself in a pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey situation. If you get pink.. well you're just gonna have to paint it pink. :p

---dens

CMF_hotfunk67

» CMF Member
If its a white car then go the yellow, but be careful with yellow and black. Done right looks great, done wrong looks ****house. Yellow car black interior black wheels thats it.
If its green then you might have trouble covering it with yellow (green will show through) unless you are going to white undercoat it?
If it is the aqua green colour then what about a 2 tone black roof and aqua bottom? could be funky? could suck?
my 2cents

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
hotfunk67 WROTE:

"If it is the aqua green colour then what about a 2 tone black roof and aqua bottom? could be funky? could suck?

my 2cents

That's not a bad idea - that aqua is horrible on its own (seriously, one of the worst colours ever..) but a black roof and doorframes could make it look pretty good.

---dens

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
deNs WROTE:

"hotfunk67 WROTE:<BR><BR>"If it is the aqua green colour then what about a 2 tone black roof and aqua bottom? could be funky? could suck?<BR><BR>my 2cents"</DIV><BR><BR>That's not a bad idea - that aqua is horrible on its own (seriously, one of the worst colours ever..) but a black roof and doorframes could make it look pretty good.<BR><BR>---dens<BR><BR>

Mine is the darker green and thats what I plan to do with my car if I ever get the time.

CMF_hotfunk67

» CMF Member
That's not a bad idea - that aqua is horrible on its own (seriously, one of the worst colours ever..) but a black roof and doorframes could make it look pretty good.

---dens

[/quote]

Dens mine is that horrible aqua colour and I love it, and no I'm not gay ( "not that there is anything wrong with that" ). Each to there own I spose.
I think the black roof Idea with an orange pinstripe would look great.

CMF_Polarbear

» CMF Member
I really don't like the green of the car at all, so keeping that (if that's the micra I get) is out of the question :p

Hotfunk67: I was thinking yellow exterior. Yellow and black interior. And I dunno wheels.

The interior I might try to do a mockup given I can find the right interior photos to shoop. I was thinking like a yellow roof lining (still not 100% on any of this btw) and have it come down to meet the black on the pillar trims (I have some weird triangle/circle idea that would probably look cool but might be hard to do irl), then the carpeting would be black.

A black dash tho, with that bit around the HVAC etc in yellow (maybe the inside shroud for the instrument cluster?) and the dial faces in black with yellow lettering (gotta have a chat with a dial face guy I know of to see if this will work well)

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Another option I like is black top and bronze lower. Heres a photo of what I mean. Imagine it on a micra. Might look good.

Attachments

• 50167.jpg
    50167.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 55
Back