N.A.T.S Removel

Hello just incase anyone is interested, I removed nats from my micra today. I'm doing an engine conversion so I wanted to see where I stand with this nats immobiliser. After much searching I found the immobiliser control unit. I believe my micra has nats v2 because the ICU was built into the key reader around the ignition barrell. I though I would try and do what I've done with other conversions to unlock the ECU and it worked. What I did was start the engine so the immobilser unlocks the ECU, then I unplugged the ICU/key reader. I turned the engine off and attempted to start it without the immobiliser and BOOM! Started straight away first time every time and runs great. The only problem is the engine management light it constantly flashing and I haven't checked the radio works. I've disconnected the battery and I will test it tomorrow to see if the ECU stays unlocked like other manufactures. I think this will work with nats v1 but obviously the ICU is behind the heater motor on v1.

I will sort the light out lol I've just tested it today after resetting the ECU overnight and it still runs but the radio doesn't work ha ha I will have an unlocked ECU or immobiliser kit for sale when I finish the welding all the holes underneath the car

Back