• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My Slow K11 Project

So after being let down by the previous car i went to see, a day later this one came up for sale and it was unbelievably clean considering for the year so i snatched it up right away..it is a 1 litre manual,has 87k on the clock previous owner owned it for 5 years,came with a bit of paper work,only issue's it has is the coolant bottle is broken from the top and the clutch,its very high BUT it doesn't slip what so ever i drove it 5-6 miles home and it picked up speed,changed gears,moved off just the way it should..was wondering if it will be needing a new clutch? but anyways didn't have the chance to clean it but took a few pics of it:

null_zps327fb1cd.jpg

null_zps6510a567.jpg

null_zps32e43add.jpg

null_zps2d8ff8b4.jpg

null_zps5bf5d72b.jpg

null_zpsa68cd1a1.jpg

Also iirc a few people have just binned that expansion tank, cant remewmber how exactly although if you want to keep it im sure there will be 3 or 4 micras in a scrappies near you :p

Thanks guys,most likely will pick up another expansion tank from scrappies but looking for a SS front bumper to,also will give adjusting the clutch,which way should i adjust it?

yes i was told by a few guys on here that the clutch pedal tends to be high but mines extremely high

Also another quick question do the facelift micra steering wheels fit straight on? and also the speedo clocks with the rev meter are they straight plug and play to?

Depends wether you have an air bag in the wheel you have at the minute, facelift steering wheel have one .... IIRC to pass an mot if you have an airbag steering wheel the air bag needs to deploy :) x

Depends wether you have an air bag in the wheel you have at the minute, facelift steering wheel have one .... IIRC to pass an mot if you have an airbag steering wheel the air bag needs to deploy :) x

Nope. However if the airbag light is lit, you will fail. If you remove the bulb you will only get an advisory, so having no airbag is not a problem

Nope. However if the airbag light is lit, you will fail. If you remove the bulb you will only get an advisory, so having no airbag is not a problem

My old car I put black tape over the light so it couldnt be seen, they cant remove the tape so can only put it down as advisory iirc

My dad's Terrano went through a few MOT's like that. To be fair, it even went through with gaffer tape on the lights as we'd just come back from holiday!

View attachment 26252
These clocks :) can also get them with a blue background :) x
yes them are the clocks i want..what model do they come in?

Thanks to everyone for the help..managed to source the super sport front and back bumpers next up is sourcing a rev/speedometer,also would anyone know what the paint code/paint name is for my car?

aah il have a look today thanks pal

So went into the shed this morning and dug out my alloys that i had bought for my civic,Wheels are Rota RB's they are 8j and ET25
Gave them a quick clean ready to test fit them
null_zps3c45d75d.jpg

Probably gonna need a fiar bit of arch work with them buddy, may be wrong tho :p
Just tried fitting them but realised i need new wheel nuts as the oem ones are to small obv and i tried a set of spare oem honda ones but they dont go through the 4 holes on the alloy,so need some slightly thinner ones? whats everyone else using?

Small update..seeing as it came with no stereo i thought i'd put in my own set up and amp wiring (a bit of a bass junky lol),also went to the unit and picked up my extended lug nuts..
null_zps17ffb886.jpg

null_zps8f805d2c.jpg

null_zpsf881045a.jpg

Sound System Fitted,second battery fitted in the boot..also purchased a new grill..
decided to fit my pioneer stereo instead..yep yep rocking the cassette player lol jk i use the aux on it
null_zpsdee9018c.jpg

(This pic was taken before i wired up the 2nd battery in the boot)
null_zpsc4848083.jpg

And also the new grill..
null_zps0877d337.jpg

oh yeah quick question about removing the existing grill..How do i remove it? lol

So heres how the boot looks now with the second battery wired in and mounted down..
null_zps1707012c.jpg

My first attempt in taking the grill out and i have to admit it went pretty well had it out in 10 mins lol
as i removed the grill i thought id do something with the headlights..
null_zps31c431fd.jpg

null_zpsb0524402.jpg

null_zps576659f0.jpg

null_zpsd2ba3bd5.jpg

null_zps5b6c4460.jpg

null_zpsb388d8a3.jpg

Thanks :) and Nope not yet,i need the extended wheel nuts for a Nissan as the Honda ones i have are m12x1.5 and Nissan requires m12.1.25

Fitted the lights on to the car to see how they would look..i guess they turned out bette then i was expecting just awaiting my new bulbs now

null_zps49255674.jpg

null_zps9bf7b9cd.jpg

null_zpsf0114a7a.jpg

More To Come :)

Ahhhh, would look ace if it was all orange.. i did it before just finding an alternative to the tint film
im attempting something simmilar dont worry buddy just give me a few days ;) we'l know if it works or if it fails lol also you could just get some orange glass paint and paint the indicator section ?

@Dougyledds This ones for you..

Got some bulbs and bulb holders today..
null_zps58d1c4f4.jpg

And after abit of cutting and snipping wires here and there,heres the result..
null_zpsae9b03c2.jpg

null_zps24b31454.jpg

Also heres a quick video of the USDM style lights switched on and indicators turned on to..

yeahh just lacking some orange dual fillament bulbs now,i had also done this to my honda to,all round so basically rears,fronts and side wing indicators looked epic
So there not duel filament bulbs anyway? lol, be mint if you created a guide somewhere mate

Not been on here in a while but managed to get some stuff done to the k11,so picked up a can of paint and decided to colour code the door handles,bump strips as well as the side mirrors,colour match came out really good for a spray can..

null_zps6526412d.jpg

null_zpsd59f1d7f.jpg

null_zpse7766eb2.jpg

Back