• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My "moddedmicra" K10!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
Just finished a lot of work on my car so I thought I better start one of these blogs!
Anyway I can't really be bothered to type loads of stuff so I'll just stick up the pics for everyone to have a look at!

Bought it like this: (Painted the wheels and bits :D)
520803491a5433145962l.jpg

520803491a6080665885l.jpg

Begining of filling after quite a lot of welding!

520803491a6080666687l.jpg

The small gaps where the normal rear lights overhang but the datsun ones don't!

520803491a6080667365l.jpg

Smoooooth :p

520803491a6080668395l.jpg

Welded and filled rust patches etc

520803491a6080669946l.jpg

Filled roof bar channels

520803491a6080684024l.jpg

Masked and preped

520803491a6080684809l.jpg

Primed! Dad begining top coat!

520803491a6080685452l.jpg

Sprayed!

520803491a6080686176l.jpg

Unmasked!

520803491a5435942962l.jpg

BEFORE!

520803491a6080573815l.jpg

AFTER!

520803491a5435943066l.jpg

BEFORE!

520803491a6080574207l.jpg

AFTER!

Oz Superturismos are being powder coated White and will be ready by the end of the week hopefully.
and Super S spoiler will also be fitted soon. Updated pics to come soon!

Looks great! those datsun lights look so much better. I knew i should have kept them!! lol. Car looks excellent

By the way, your signature is too big! you need to reduce it to about 3 lines.

what back bumper is that?

Not sure, Speedle should know as he sold the bodykit to me!

Looks great! those datsun lights look so much better. I knew i should have kept them!! lol. Car looks excellent

By the way, your signature is too big! you need to reduce it to about 3 lines.

I know I'm really pleased with them :p

Reduced it now (Y) Missed the bit about 3 lines!

its a foah kit i beleive, good stuff mate, personaly i think that the foah front bumper looks better when facelifted. craking job tho just need some alloys now aye :p

way to go! ...you make all that work look easy....good stuff! (Y)

Are there any Reflectors...i can't seem to see any....

way to go! ...you make all that work look easy....good stuff! (Y)

Are there any Reflectors...i can't seem to see any....

Yer there are relectors but they're quite hard to see (inside edge of each tail/brake light)

Work was done with a lot of help from my Dad straight through half term week!

hmmm, i reckon paint the wiper arms black (to tidy it up abit) then mod the grill..imo would look better.

haven't got round to tidying up the wipers yet but will do at some point!

will be opening up the grille soon hopefully....when i get round to it :p

WOW! now thats a huge improvement! im so glad the bumpers came up so well! and went to a good home, its a FOAH kit with monza side skirts ;)

those brackets turned up yet? not had anything returned to sender yet! hope they didnt go walkies on the post!!!!!! grrrr

those brackets turned up yet? not had anything returned to sender yet! hope they didnt go walkies on the post!!!!!! grrrr

nope nothing turned up yet m8, did u send them to mine or my dad's cause he's good at losing things!

might just find a way to get them on without the brackets.

lose the washer jet lights mate! and imo lose the 6x9's if youve got a sub aswell, decent front end and a sub is all you need.

good progress like.

i have front vibe slicks, 6x9 vibe slicks, and a 12" sub....sounds better then anything i've heard from other cars...

so the other cars arent that good either then.

you cannot have "quality" by adding speakers. it just doesnt work like that, especialy when the 6x9's in question share the same air space.

if your serious about using 6x9's and subs then you must isolate the speakers from the bass, ie, put them in a sepperate box so they have their own air space. this way they cannot be "altered" by the sub.

looks nice though, but get rid of the sony x-chav,,,er,,,,,plod..lol

so the other cars arent that good either then.

you cannot have "quality" by adding speakers. it just doesnt work like that, especialy when the 6x9's in question share the same air space.

if your serious about using 6x9's and subs then you must isolate the speakers from the bass, ie, put them in a sepperate box so they have their own air space. this way they cannot be "altered" by the sub.

looks nice though, but get rid of the sony x-chav,,,er,,,,,plod..lol

have got boxes for the 6x9s just havent got round to putting them on atm.

would put different sound in but i have no money at the moment :(

i have front vibe slicks, 6x9 vibe slicks, and a 12" sub....sounds better then anything i've heard from other cars...

But where's the sound quality? Vibe are just noise! There's a few other cars on here with bigger stereos than that, and there's alot bigger setups on other forums too!

yes but then im left with a nice holey parcel shelf

Make the shelf out of solid wood, and cover it with an acustic carpet. Using a standard shelf with no support doesn't sound as good as a solid one. Also, buy some decent speakers! I'm not a fan of 'xplod' stuff as there's so much better out there.

www.caraudiodirect.com

looking foward to seeing the alloys ftted should look proper cool! :)

you just need some more power now ;)

yes but then im left with a nice holey parcel shelf

Nothing wrong with religious car parts lol.... holy... get it?.. oh never mind

Vibe are ok, you can't just say they are crappy but like with every other brand there is better out there.

Xplod are good value but as soon as you get more funds upgrade.

Move the 6x9's to the rear quarters like I did.

One important question....is the subwoofer just screwed to that piece of mdf, or does it have an enclosure behind it?

ohwell sits in there okay and sounds good so im not too worried atm. couldnt think of any other way of getting it to sit in there.

The only way to do it properly is to fibreglass the tyre well to form a sealed enclosure but with micra's being so rattly you'd never get perfect sound so as long as you're happy with it...

Cheers guys all my m8s at college said it was like the finishing touch to all the work!
I'm really pleased with it. Lowering on the cars soon hopefully.

520803491a6331126264l.jpg

My seized engine :( Currently stripped everything off it disconnected everything. Hopefully get it out tomo.

how many people here can say they changed an engine in a co-op car park :D

You seized your engine? And now your changing it in a co-op car park?

You got balls geezer! Loving your enthusiasm! I'm glad your mates like it too, i'm getting mixed impressions from my mates about owning a micra!

With regards to your ICE, that seems fine to me, if it sounds alright to you then it's perfect =) I have JBL at the moment, and i admit it doesn't sound fantastic but at the prices i paid (12" sub+box latest model=£30, Amp=£35, 6x9's=£16, all fancy blue+silver wires=£21 so far) i think it's a fantastic setup!

However, i'm slowly moving to Infinity gear as it's much better quality, got a 1200W peak (300W RMS) 12" Infinity Kappa Sub coming for christmas =D Next is a monoblock to power it!

EDIT: Also, definitely make an MDF parcel shelf, they look good, and they definitely sound infinite times better. Use 3/4 inch though, 1/2 inch flexes on mine... though i have one of my amps on my parcel shelf.

Also, lower your car son. Like they say, do your balls hang low (from a lil poem haha). Well, i don't wanna know that but your car sure don't, it's the only thing that car needs!

Oh, and maybe smoke the rear lights on the orange/white, but thats your choice.

Apart from what i've said, thats a cracking car! And don't facelift it if you don't want to! I think that grille and the headlights suit the car perfectly!

520803491a6335595069l.jpg

Getting ready to remove engine! (Note the spanners zip tied up, wanted to make it feel like home :p, my boss wasn't impressed :D)

520803491a6335595384l.jpg

Car lifted up after engine removed

520803491a6335595567l.jpg

The obligatory stand in the engine bay! (My m8 Matt, helping me with the engine change)

You seized your engine? And now your changing it in a co-op car park?

You got balls geezer! Loving your enthusiasm! I'm glad your mates like it too, i'm getting mixed impressions from my mates about owning a micra!

More a case of need (as ive got to drive a clio till its fixed :() but i dont mind doing it really, all good experience!

Also, lower your car son. Like they say, do your balls hang low (from a lil poem haha). Well, i don't wanna know that but your car sure don't, it's the only thing that car needs!

Money very low at the moment and still have to pay for parts/engine etc so after christmas sometime hopefully!

Apart from what i've said, thats a cracking car! And don't facelift it if you don't want to! I think that grille and the headlights suit the car perfectly!

Ive got another grille to modify aswell so will probably just do that instead, so much less hastle! Cheers for ur comments!

yay! Started it today :D Just got to adjust the exhaust cause it has a mega rattle at the moment! Other than that all is good :D:D:D

moddedmicra

back on the road eh ! well done
have you done a postmortem on the old engine ?

no to busy with christmas atm, will pull is apart as soon as i have the time!
My mum's nagging me to get rid of it from the garden anyways :p

moddedmicra

best to keep the head and other handy parts tho eh
it might be the high compression one ?

Lol your welcome buddy, its a smooth looking micra for sure! I'm totally impressed. I'm not a fan of multispoke rims myself, but i have to admit they look right at home tucked under those sky high arches ;) I know the Foah kits a rare find, but where can i grab a set of those skirts speedle?

Btw, love the engine in theliving room! My dad had a morris minor engine in his bedroom before i was born, totally rebuilt it in there too. needless to say my mum weren't to impressd... but i was =D Good to hear its running again. Good experience ;) How hard was the change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back