milage measurment puzzle

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
right just one of those questions you dont realy need to know the answer to but it would be nice to know....

when you driving down the road and the sign says london 78miles london itself is huge.. where is that 78 miles measured from??? are they measured from the same points in all towns? like outside the city hall?? is it the same point as old roman road signs are meassured from?

anybody have the definitive answer???

fraz_micra_88

Ex. Club Member
when the guy was makin the city he said i want the center ...........................................here!! lol good question wat does make it the center?

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
if you think of the city as a big funny shaped blob (like how it looks on the map)

then work out the funny blobs "centre of gravity" (very maths-ish)

and then theres the centre ;)

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
No, it is avtually to the city centre, but where it is measured from is anybody's guess

R

runaway-robot

drive to the sign, reset ur mileage.. and keep driving till u get to 78 miles lol done!

Robert

Ex. Club Member
wasnt somethign similar to this on tv a whiel back? trying to find the center of britain..

In the end i think it was where the center of gravity is, as said.

If that has any relevance..

detox

euro member!!
Zephyr said:
hmmm imo i think its to the junction 4 the city not the centre...
yer that is what i thourt it is 78miles till the juntion to get to london! or known as juntion 4 (from some directions)