• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

micra sport+ 1.4

hi im on to my 4th micra now, i found out my mate was wanting to sell his car quick for 300 pound and nocked him down to 280, so i advertised mine for 400 and got 350 within a few hours so went straight to his to get my new car.

about the car

mot untill feb
6 month tax
96000 miles
lowered 60mm
4-2-1 manifold with a straight through pipe and rally backbox
matt humphries induction kit
hid lights

some pics
the water bottle was cracked so i quickly replaced it for 5 pounds
71lds9.jpg

2qx4z2c.jpg

the sills were a horrible grey so i painted them gloss black
10xbi2o.jpg

2aj8hlh.jpg

2aj8hlh.jpg

2u6l7di.jpg

15d1mbp.jpg

2pyn8dc.jpg

will have more updates later on

Nice, the white treatment on the wheels and mirrors sets it off really well, same colour as my SE+ I think. How has it been lowered? mine needs to sit like that.

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
Looking a nice lad. what lowering metod¿

theirs something interesting about theze green cars with green tinted glass.

OP
OP
sr_steve
thanks :), not after any wheel spacers as im after some superlites possibley. something wide anyway.
Its currently sitting on matt humpries -50mm springs iirc ( with a coil or 2 magicked from the back ;) )

OP
OP
sr_steve
got a few bits and pieces done on the car today that i wanted to get done, wasnt raining so all was good.

first got my rear brake drums painted in glass black, want to strip all the arches down in future and clean and paint the lot up
2yl4emx.jpg

painted my rocker cover white as it was slightly coroded and dirty
my version of masking up ;)
9s6io1.jpg

214yzxj.jpg

end result
2uhwjk4.jpg

did the intake pipe trumpet aswell
63svit.jpg

1o9cib.jpg

few pics standing back
11qmsd3.jpg

2cibsqv.jpg

washed
2uf6grs.jpg

70hrtw.jpg

I also wet vaced the interior but i didnt take any photos of it.

get paid tomorow so going to order a few things,
yellow tint film for fogs
new wiper blades
wind deflectors (maybe)

thanks steve :)

OP
OP
sr_steve
just ordered some golden tint film for fogs, ment to get yellow, hopefully theres not much difference, and ordered new aero wiper blades

OP
OP
sr_steve
i cant see any green in it lol.
just ordered loads of goodys for the car, waiting on 6 or 7 different things to be delivered.
also in the process of taking the bumpstrips off.
best method? some advice...pleasee

OP
OP
sr_steve
santa came yesterday, stuff got delivered, only waiting on two things now. hopefully they will be here before too long

how the day started
351aamr.jpg

fitted my wipers first, mine were poo
29epweq.jpg

www.micra.org.uk sticker
2h2jjnr.jpg

low micra sticker
1zcij5f.jpg

clear indicators
avq8zp.jpg

took my bumpstrips off, i did start with a hairdryer and bank card but i havnt really got time to be sitting doing that all day so i went and bought a toffee wheel and lent my girlfriends dads drill and got to it. sooooo much easier for a difference of £5.46
2mfxl41.jpg

finished, other side is done aswell
2ldahab.jpg

new numberplates
t7msl3.jpg

finished for now :)
a07v9y.jpg

just waiting on my wind deflectors and gold tint film for fogs, then a massive clean up, calipers painted. possibley getting wing mirrors and wheels professionally painted ready for JAE :)

thanks steve

OP
OP
sr_steve
sorry for late update, did mean to do this the other day,

boom
33yt753.jpg

311pggj.jpg

33mwh81.jpg

2ugffb7.jpg

qybblu.jpg

bought some starmags of my mate, on falken tyres. love them. planing on dropping the front on corsa b coilovers.

still waiting for wind deflectors and gold tint film for fogs.

and yes dougyledds i didnt realise it came off, but there off now haha thought it looked wierd and fluffy

thanks steve.

OP
OP
sr_steve
wind deflectors have arrived :) fit in well with the way i want the car too look.
just ordered
: led interior light
: omp deepdish steering wheel
: bought boss of my mate brand new for £10.00
: locking nuts cause ive had to lend some of bellys atm
: pool ball gear knob (for now)

still waiting on my gold tint film for fogs to arrive, taking ages. also got some led bulbs for the fogs to match the hid headlights.

thanks steve.

OP
OP
sr_steve
nice machine uve got there, cud do wit spacers at the back though and maybe some tint
Thanks, no spacers will be happening on the rear, I'm happy with the way the stand atm lol. And I'm not keen on tints at all lol so that won't happen.

On a plus side my dustcaps, locking nuts and gear knob have arrived so I'm going to fit them now :)
Pics tonight

OP
OP
sr_steve
locking nuts, dust caps, interior light and steering wheel have arrived :) got everything fitted. also had to go and get a new valve cause mine split costing £6.00

gear knob
cmihz.jpg

dust caps and locking nuts
23kbuwj.jpg

wind deflectors, and steering wheel
2ceofut.jpg

124c1vp.jpg

went down to south shields to have a little photo shoot with belly93
ws5zth.jpg

zy5zd4.jpg

zy5zd4.jpg

bellys steering wheel
72813r.jpg

just booked tursday 6th friday 7th and mon the 10th of september off work for jae :)

OP
OP
sr_steve
Gold tint arrived, eventually. Going to tint the fogs tonight, I'll also put the hid bulbs in the fogs while I'm at it. Going to strip interior, rear seats, plastics, roof lining tonight, then wet vac it on the weekend and clean all plastics up. Nearly ready for jae. Will post pics tonight

OP
OP
sr_steve
i dont even have a car yet:oops: but thinkin about it a friend of mine had somtin similar in a corolla and it didnt cover the hole completely.
this cud be different but your right to think twice about it

Ah right :) I don't know, don't think I'll risk it tbh a I've seen a few cars try and fail with these universal gaiters. I'll figure something out. Definitely something new though.

Gold tint fitted pics soon :)

OP
OP
sr_steve
went to the scrap yard the other day and walked out with more than expected, the rubber strings for bootshelf cause someone screwed mine down :/ a ariel, cigarette lighter blanking thing cause i couldnt find anylighters too fit lol and a steering rack plastic cause when i put my wheel on i didnt think it was needed so i pulled it off with a claw hammer (jeremey clarkson style) all for £5.00 not bad imo

only pic i have of scrap yard finds
ejakug.jpg

found a micra girlfriend took pics lol
ay1r3p.jpg

23u7ypf.jpg

on the grass
d3sh.jpg

rolling shot
34hudu1.jpg

5czhvl.jpg

just about ready for jae. going to give engine block a lick of black paint and the brake calipers aswell. polish and interior clean then im ready to go :)

OP
OP
sr_steve
havnt updated for a while, been a bit busy but a few bits and pieces have happened to the car.
first of all i got sick of the white rocker cover sooo...
2lm3wxw.jpg

air intake trumpet
260rk83.jpg

painted my calipers
35lvksx.jpg

struts black. looks much tidier
20a3r6r.jpg

finished product
2628uut.jpg

no ones aloud to smoke in my car
e9uu0n.jpg

went to he scrap yard and spotted a primera gt. sat in it. the seats were sooooo comfy so i bought them. redrilled the holes for them to fit as changing sub frames over and so on seemed too much hassle. hold you in so well :)
20j21pk.jpg

rear leather headrests ;)
8vrkzm.jpg

got sick of going to back of car opening boot with key so when i went to the scrap yard and saw an immaculate sr i took this straight away. so much better :)
24dpys8.jpg

been workin on kostas car last weekend. it went from being standard to,
lowered
painted wheels
tint wraped fogs
tights on lights
polished

for the cost of £20.00
fair to say he was happy with that
2vxes0w.jpg

2wp2pmp.jpg

69ommv.jpg

2dmavs0.jpg

qrcdc3.jpg

2l9pi7l.jpg

mine kostas and bellys car
ohdzo.jpg

ive also got pics of a north east meet we had but i will upload another day as that took me ageees. going to go and enjoy my holidays off work :)

steve

camoxodka

car half done :)
i could do with a manifold ;) maybe a 4-2-1 :p that woulod be good and some new frotn seats, and a steering wheel :) SR-steve you have got the steering wheel but i know need a boos kit :(

OP
OP
sr_steve
Bought some 1.6 almera injectors and railtoday for £20.00 fitted the injectors on the standard rail but the rubber seals are shot. Petrol spraying every where. They did temporarily work though and it was backfiring like there was no tomorrow. So going to get some new rubber seals. Get them flushed out and clean then re apply

BETTER NEWS THOUGH I'm ready for jae. LeAving at 5 tomorrow morning. I'll see yous there. Bed soon
Good neet

Belly93

to turbo or new lump :/ hmmm
Bought some 1.6 almera injectors and railtoday for £20.00 fitted the injectors on the standard rail but the rubber seals are shot. Petrol spraying every where. They did temporarily work though and it was backfiring like there was no tomorrow. So going to get some new rubber seals. Get them flushed out and clean then re apply

BETTER NEWS THOUGH I'm ready for jae. LeAving at 5 tomorrow morning. I'll see yous there. Bed soon
Good neet
i might have some seals