Micra Sport 1.4

killie77

Buy & Sell Member
Hi
Was wondering if someone can answer a couple of questions
Bought the Car couple of weeks ago. First Micra i've owned, so had no idea what to expect
I know that Nissan's in general are very reliable. So far i've replaced the back Box & put 4 New Tyres
on it. Clutch pedal seemed a bit high have adjusted at the Pedal and also a small amount at the Cable end. The Car when it's idling seems a little erratic goes between 400 to 700 Revs. I've changed the Plugs & Air filter have a new Fuel filter will put that in soon. I've heard about TB problems on Micras would this affect mine ? it's a 51 Plate done 70000 miles
I was wondering also the car appears not to have ABS is this correct I would have thought it would be standard ?
last question their is a cannister on the rear bulkhead next to the fuel filter has a couple of Pipes coming out. Does this have any effect on the running of the car..
Apologies for the long Post:grinning:

hey the sport + doesnt have abs the canister is for fumes iirc of petrol but in sure some one else can confirm that if the peddle comes up high before you get the bite then its time for a new clutch

with the revs it could be that it just needs a good service does it do it when the car is warm or just at start up when its cold should rev at about 900 rpm or lower about 700 rpm check the air filter see if its blocked

Agree probably in need of some TLC. If anything major is wrong the ECU light will show up the 1.4s are much more sensitive to problems than the older 1.0 and 1.3. The ECUs on them are much more sophisticated .

if the clutch bite point is too high or its starting to slip, loosen the clutch cable from the clutch arm to lower it and regain back the proper clutch clamping pressure

Hi
Thanks for the advice .Have recently changed Plugs Air Filter also adjusted Clutch at the Cable
Clutch seems better than before don't think it's slipping tried the 3rd Gear Test and that seemed OK.
Interesting about the ABS less to go wrong i suppose.
The idle seems to play up when it's warmed up. I've not had much chance to look at the T/B weather up here is variable.
Is wondering if it's possible to adust the idle by means of a screw on the side of the T/B is it also worth cleaning up the Throttle control valve ?
thanks
Ian H

just try some carburetter cleaner made mine idle better see what its like. or maybe the maf sensor are common also.

Thanks Manny
Do i just Spray & Pray or should i put some on a Rag and wipe it round the bowl ?
where would i find the Maf sensor?
Thanks again
for all the replies
ian h

spraying your maf with chemicals/solvents is not without risk ian, if the engine is hunting then there would probably be faultcodes present

or one of the breather pipes have come off the canister at the back or been put on the wrong way? Or a breather pipe on the manifold?

Thanks
will have a look for Pipes that might be loose or split.
The Car had a new exhaust before i bought it. I wonder if it might be leaking at the Manifold
just a guess. Will be careful with the Maf :grinning:

If their were fault codes, which OBD would I need to read them ?
Thanks
Ian

Back