Micra CC

Hi newbie here. I have chance of a Micra CC Sebastian Conran Edition, only trouble is it has stood for about 7 years unused. It is new, I have a chassis number but no registration. I have been told it was registered when it was new but can't get the original reg. Is there anyone on here got a list of chassis numbers or reg numbers of special edition cars. I obviously have some work to do as it has no keys, they have been lost, good service and all fluids changed and I will possibly have to register it again unless I can find out the original reg. Is Nissan dealer only place to get a replacement key? I know it will have to be coded to the car.
Thanks
Stu

At last a reply, the car is in the UK and in my possesion. I have spoke to Nissan dealer and the car is on the system but they cant issue me with any info without a V5 but I can not get a V5 or registered unless it is running. I am still on the case if anyone has any suggestions. I have been told by Nissan GB that the car was registered new in 2006 as a demonstrator vehicle but they can't give me the reg. If I had the reg it would be easy.

Strange that uve been allowed to buy it with no v5 and no keys. I really hope u didn't spend a lot of cash on it coz u might have a major issue.

It is not stolen recovered and there are a few developments since my last post. DVLA have said I can register it, not sure what number it will go on though(not a Q), but letter has gone off to DVLA. I have managed to source key codes and immobilser codes and a guy is coming on Friday to code it all in. Happy days.
The vehicle history is that it came off the production line and was used by Nissan in their promotional materials(http://www.autoblog.com/2006/07/17/nissan-micra-c-c-conran-gets-designer-makeover/) it still has the plates on as in the pictures. It was then donated to a design studio/gallery where it sat till November 2013. The design company closed down and asked our company if we would like it as a demo/training vehicle so we agreed. It arrived with no keys and no V5, we presume lost or misplaced, and it has sat here since then. Our company is now closing down and some cars were going to be disposed of so rather than it go to waste I asked if I could buy it, and they agreed. If I couldn't put it on the road my intention was to break it as all the components are new. I will try and add some pictures at some point. The car is mint condition, less than 100 miles, so I think it's worth saving. I'm not a Micra fan but I think it will be a fun little car to use. I have not paid a lot neither so it would be easy to recoup the money I've spent and more.

Sounds like uve got a good one then :) I wasn't a micra lover either bit since I've had mine it's changed my whole view on the car. Fingers crossed you get up n running I'm your new toy soon :)

Hi, just an update. Had a locksmith out today who supplied a new key and spare blade. Plugged his diagnostic machine in and ignition came on but he had trouble programming immobilser and keys. Every time he took the key out and turned the ignition to lock it wouldn't let you turn it back on and had to be reset on the machine again. He couldn't get it started, so gave up after about 2 hours. 5 minutes later I jumped in and tried it and it fired up first time in about 6 years. I have not took the keys back out yet to try it as I need to move it tomorrow. I did notice the airbag light flashing and the ESP light was on but wouldn't switch off, any ideas.
Also where is the fuse for the hazard lights as they are not working too.
I checked the mileage with the ignition on and as suspected very low, 6 miles from new, well pleased.

Esp light should switch off with the button next to the elec mirror switch,airbag light is switched off by turning the key to acc wait til airbag light switches off the turn key to off,repeat this 3 times,on the fourth go leave it flash a bit,it will flash at a different rate as that is its diagnostic mode,then do the key thing one more time,lught should stay off then. Is a very common thing on 12's and isnt even a problem with airbags,just dirt on a connection somewhere. As for the hazzard fuse if its not in the box to the right of the steering wheel,try in the fuse box by the radiator,and if it aint there then its in rhe bcm which is under the passenger headlamp,not a great design sadly. Keep us updated,any further help give us a shout and I'll help as best i can.

Oh and if the esp light doesnt shut off with the button,sounds really silly,but turn the key to on and reset the clock on the combi meter,that resets ecu fault codes strangely

Do u have a Nissan near u? Could always ask them directly. I've found most Nissan garages to be really helpful even if u don't have the work done with them.

Well the relay for the fog lights i know for sure is in box under the passenger headlamp,can be done but isnt a job for the faint hearted. Passenger wheel and arch liner will have to be removed as theres a hidden bolt in the front bumper,the other bolts and screw are easy enough. Sometimes you can worm your arm un through by removing the passenger side grill,but expect cuts and bruises from that.

Couldn't find any fuses for the hazards but after a bit of investigation tracked it down to - wait for it- the hazard switch wasn't actually plugged in.
Also sorted the front fogs, guess what - not plugged in too.
Two good results.
I think when they have painted and tweaked this car they have had quite a few bits off and as it was for display purposes it didn't really matter how it was put back together.
The car has a full respray in a fancy pearl colour they call blushing black.
The dash clocks have very subtle flowers added to match the seats and the airbrush work on the bootlid, so I assume they have had that to bits too.
My latest problem is the horn, there is a feed getting to the back of the rotary coupler but then nothing the other side of that.
I swapped the rotary coupler with another one I have at work but still no joy. I would be surprised if 2 rotary couplers were bust. I still have another I could try but any ideas anyone?

Update, it was 2 rotary couplers bust, so horn is now fixed, lucky we had 2 spare micras to use for parts.
Car is now at Nissan dealer having MOT (7 miles on clock) and key coded to locking. Also 2 recalls being done.
The car has generated a bit of interest at the garage as it is 8 years old but no miles.
I also have had the certificate of conformity back from Nissan GB so I can go ahead and register it with the DVLA.
So not long now and it should be on the road.

Latest news, 7 miles on clock and failed mot! Nothing drastic, but for some strange reason it had LHD headlamps in so they dip the wrong way. Beam deflectors stuck on and now passed.
I have 2 RHD lamps in a spare car at work which I can use.
2 recalls done, steering and some EPDM recall.
Keys now coded and central locking sorted.
Next job is registration I now have my number plate so hopefully not long now.

Another hold up, DVLA want more proof of date of manufacture, so more letters and money to Nissan to prove the age. Then resend to DVLA for 2nd attempt.

Thanks for the interest, yes there are developments even after I forgot to put a stamp on the letter, the V5 arrived yesterday-well pleased!
I have found out though it is not a Ltd. edition but the only one of this type to be made.
When it came off the line on 27th Feb 2006 it went to designer Sebastian Conran where it had it's makeover, full paint in blushing black with airbrushed flowers on the bootlid. Seats re-trimmed in red leather with matching flowers and flowers inside the dash clocks. leather trimmed dash and door casings. Painted alloys, chrome trim on bumpers and sills, tinted inside headlights and side repeaters. Ipod drawer with Ipod still inside, glovebox trimmed inside with red alcantara. Red leather steering wheel, chrome kick plates and alloy pedals and gear knob.
It was done to go on display at the 2006 London motorshow and then went on to the Conran Shop in Chelsea where it stayed till October 2006. After that it stood in a design studio for the next 7 years, then came to my work in Nov 2013 where it stood for a year untouched till I bought it.
Just need to insure it and it's on the road, it now has 18 miles on the clock.
I am not sure what the car would be worth but I'm not planning on selling it for a while.
Here is some press at the time of release, this car is the car in all these shots as it is the only one.
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/07/17/nissan-micra-c-c-conran-gets-designer-makeover/

Attachments

• micra-c-c-conran-what-a-show-off_1.jpg
    micra-c-c-conran-what-a-show-off_1.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 502
  • 84001_1.jpg
    84001_1.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 385
  • 85676_1.jpg
    85676_1.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 395
  • 85676_5.jpg
    85676_5.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 353
  • nissan-c-c-conran.jpg
    nissan-c-c-conran.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 535
Thanks for the update. Well done in rescuing a unique motor, breaking would have been a real shame. Whatever your opinion regarding the rather feminine makeover, an automotive curiosity and head turner no doubt. I thought I had a low miles 05 160sr at 27k, 18 miles takes the prize I guess. Enjoy, should be a blast in the summer (if we get one).

Hi Bongostu

Out of curiosity have you sold this car? Or are you looking to?

Unlike you I am Micra obsessed and recently had my own C+C written off in an accident. Sadly as they are not made anymore and mine was an 09 plate I have been unable to find a replacement. This looks amazing - you are so lucky being int he right place at the right time to get your hands on it.

Sam