Micra cc boot struts

Hi all first time post ,can anyone help I have just bought my better half a micra cc the only problem with it , is the boot struts don't work has any one had the same problem .how difficult are they to replace any help will be welcome .

Hi all first time post ,can anyone help I have just bought my better half a micra cc the only problem with it , is the boot struts don't work has any one had the same problem .how difficult are they to replace any help will be welcome .
Usually they have a clip which you pop out with a small screwdriver, you can then pull the strut off.

Make sure someone is holding the bootlid or you'll have a sore noggin' :)

Seems a common problem on the K11 Micras too.

They appear to be held on by a pin and clip type Clevis . The problem is getting access ,one end of the strut is secured inside the rear wings seams a major task .

Got any pics?

CCs aren't very common on here :)

I've managed to find a diagram but it's not much help!

21342432540030.png

My dad thinks my O/S boot strut is getting...lazy of late, will hopefuly be doing a swap soon myself, just have to get a replacement strut ^_^

Haynes manual says to prop the tailgate (boot lid) obviously :p
On the car body end, remove 2 bolts and detatch strut mounting plate
On the lid, remove the ball stud fitting, or the 2 bolts again
Of course that doesn't cover the c+c, but i wouldn't think your struts would be hugely different

I'd assume on the c+c that your bolts at the body end are behind your rear trim panel?
As the struts sit closer to the body than mine. (I've seen them once *facepalm* my colleague showed me hers...once)

Trim panels are relatively easy to remove, just sometimes fiddly to line back up again.

Although as Skymera said a picture would help ;)

Back