micra 1.2 nats key code light

Hi, new member here. Just bought a 1.2 initia for the wife. It has had a new power steering unit fitted . The car runs well with no problems. But in the paperwork for the unit from bba reman is a document saying that if the battery is not disconected during fitting, the key code lamp will come on after a few miles. And it does after about 5 minutes. Any one know how to sort it? From my internet research it seems it could be a big problem. Any ideas?

Hi, I've been driving my car with the 'light on' for last 2 years.. (Still driving the car with the light). So far I did not face any issue i.e. stalling the car, limp mode or any issue that stopped me driving the car.. My light comes up after 5mins of starting the car. I did not bother with it TBH.

Hi
Thanks for reply. I see from internet that quite a few do not worry about it. I will probably do the same, or cover the bulb. How do you get it through the MOT though. I thought any light was a failure nowadays. I managed to get an MOT last week because i was able to be there when it was done. Was able to turn off the ignition and buy another 5 minutes of light off lol.

Back