meshing open mouth grill

C0llis0n

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
heya all, apologies if this has been covered before, I was just wondering how people have meshed there open mouth grills? Im having difficulty decinding the best way, thanks in advance.

I had problems doing this as i cut the mesh a little too small. In the end it was abit of a bodge using cable ties through holes under the grille if u understand? Looks fine from outside to be honest. Im sure you can buy little clips thats are meant for this purpose, Halfords maybe? Hope there some help in here:p

Flat_out

i made holes in the ribs that support the structure of the grille (on the back) the tied it on with wire as mines was cut to small as well (my dads fault :p) and it holds it on quite nicely some people use a glue gun but that diddnt work for me

When i mesh my grill i'm going to hot glue some blocks of wood (or something similar) to the outer edge of the hole (making more surface area to glue the mesh to)

Im pretty sure theres better ways to get it done than bodging lol. Thats just the way i went about it. Looks fine but i just know its bodged so it'll get re-done soon i guess:p

i used filler to stick some bolts in, then cut a hole in the mesh and used a nut to keep it on. hard to explain, il try get some pics up for you

Back