massive plastic bag

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
hi everyone,

i need a huge plastic bag that i can drive my car into, so i can store it for the winter. i need something that covers the whole car so that animals dont start chewing the wires etc, and it needs to be sealed to stop moisture getting in.

i cant find anything at all tho. i can find car ports, car covers, and indoor car bags that you drive onto and zip up but nothing that will cover my car outside. the best thing i can think of is just a really big plastic bag, but i have no idea where you would get one from.

does anyone have any ideas?

thanks

wow yea, something like that, except cheaper and not powered. just a big plastic bag, but i cant find anywhere that sells things like that

Go to B&Q and buy a damp proof course and a roll of duct tape. You can get sizes around 3x4m which might cover the car, then tape up all the gaps

Go to B&Q and buy a damp proof course and a roll of duct tape. You can get sizes around 3x4m which might cover the car, then tape up all the gaps

i have heard that tarps etc are not good to put on the car because they damage the paint.

but i might have to give it a go if i cant find anything else.

If you're gunna be leaving it for a while don't forget to drain the fuel system and remove the spark plugs and the battery. Also it may be worth lifting it off the ground on axel stands so the tyres don't flat-spot

You can get car tents which you can drive you car into and then it can be closed after you, I'm not sure whether it covers the whole thing, but it might be something to look into?

http://www.mdmshelters.com/round_style.php

And you can get a floor covering for it too

http://www.touchlesscarcover.com/showroom.html

However that one has no floor!

yea i was looking at them, they look good but like you said they are more of a car port than a cover, and they dont really have a proper sealed floor

If you're gunna be leaving it for a while don't forget to drain the fuel system and remove the spark plugs and the battery. Also it may be worth lifting it off the ground on axel stands so the tyres don't flat-spot

i was thinking of axel standing it, but its just for the winter, the snowy weather is no good for my cabriolet lol

I lift my bike off the ground even if it's only for a month, tyres are expensive lol.

It'll also make it harder to steal

I lift my bike off the ground even if it's only for a month, tyres are expensive lol.

It'll also make it harder to steal

lol good point, tho i leave the car unlocked, no one will steal it here, i am a bit worried that axel stands will cut holes in the plastic,

what i really need is a garage lol

Put the axel stands on mdf boards.

Have you seen those concrete sectional garages that you can build, although if you're unemployed the cost may be an issue

Put the axel stands on mdf boards.

Have you seen those concrete sectional garages that you can build, although if you're unemployed the cost may be an issue

thats a good idea, could do the same with the jack when raising the car.

i would build a garage out of wood, i have space and planning permition, i just dont have the wood or the money for it lol. but winter is on its way so i need a temp solution for this winter, tho i think it might have to be the plastic sheet and gaffer idea

Bit of 2x2 and some marine ply you could build one pretty damn cheaply. Or buy a cheapo gazebo or 12 man tent as a single winter solution

Bit of 2x2 and some marine ply you could build one pretty damn cheaply. Or buy a cheapo gazebo or 12 man tent as a single winter solution

na, i want just something to cover the car for this year, then i will make a full on house later, insulated with power etc,

Back