• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

makz's 1997 K11 1.0

Hi everyone and greetings from Estonia!
So this is my little Micra. Got it from my grandpa after he got a new clio. At the beginning I thought I'm never going to drive with this little piece of junk. But yeah, I must say that I was a little preconceived. After blasting around with it for a while, I'm thinking that it's a pretty decent and classy ride. I have done nothing with it, totally stock. Though I think that I should slowly start modding it. I'm still a student so I can't invest much but I'll try to do it little by little. Maybe you guys have a few suggestions what to do first? I'm thinking about new rims, window tint and a sub at the moment.

ok, so I got things moving after a while lol.
Color coded the bumpers yesterday, modified the grille(isn't finished completely yet, needs some sandpaper and paint)
pc230188.jpg

pc230186.jpg

Also attached new boschmann coaxials yesterday, much better sound now(had stock speakers b4) (Y)
Today I traded in a Kenwood sub + amp for a pack of beers lol. It's 600W - gonna miss the rear window (Y) Box is too big though, was built for primera originally. So I need to build a new box now, any handy suggestions welcome.
pc230197.jpg

Good trade, eh? :grinning:
I have several ideas floating around at the moment, bought some cables for the sub and amp, but as it appeared, the old Pioneer radio doesn't have an aux out :glare:
So firstly I need to find a new radio...also need to repair the sideboxes before winter - really rusty. Hood needs repainting also, it has some bad scratches on it - gonna go for eyebrows while I'm repainting the hood. Gonna color code the mirrors also.
Not gonna get rims at the moment though, need to change on winter tires soon, we'll see about the rims in spring.
Questions:
How do the side strips attach?
Is the 600W sub too much?
Where can I get this thing:http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz184/steve-moody88/IMG_3085.jpg

So I equipped a new Pioneer radio yesterday, also dragged the power and rca wires to the back but it seems that the amp is dead :( Need a new one now...Sound is much better with the new radio though. Gonna post some pics later.

Looking Good Did You Paint The Bumpers Yourself?
If So Well Done (Y)
Also As Far As Im Aware The Strips Are Just Double Sided Sticky Tape Behind It,
Should Be Able To Use Some WD-40 And Some Fishing Wire However The Old Tape Can Sometimes Be A Pain To Come Off As I Found Out On My Mates Astra :grinning:

Yeah, did it myself - thanks (Y)
Thanks for the info, gonna try to pull them off then, isn't as hard as I thought lol

Yeah, did it myself - thanks (Y)
Thanks for the info, gonna try to pull them off then, isn't as hard as I thought lol

some cars do have them little slide hooks on the back but as far as i know they dont just be careful trying to take the tape off afterwards you dont wanna scratch your paint.

good luck (Y)

also if its a cold day you may want to warm up the strips with a hairdryer and i found the guide i used ages ago...
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...move-black-bumper-strips-updated-use-one.html

Went out to buy some drinks yesterday evening, a guy slammed into the passanger door with his rover while I was in the shop :down: Need to repair the damps now, paint is scratced as well... gonna take some pics tomorrow

Back