Lowering micra and painting steelys

Hi, I'm new to this forum I got a nissan micra k11 last week, I picked it up for £300 few small dents but no rust or advisorys on last mot! I need some advice on lowering and painting the stock rims. Any help appreciated. Thanks matty.

You'll have a 50/50 reply on the springs. Some would some wouldnt it's mainly down to personal preference and budget. How low is it your looking to go?

Paint, it's the usual the more prep u do the better the results. Grinding back all rust and pitting to good metal, build up the primer rubbing down with 1500 wet and dry inbetween layer. Few good colours coats and the same again with clear coat :)

Magpie42

Actual Magpie.
Prob best not to mention cut springs...

imagesCA3JOQ3E.jpg

Okay thanks, low budget build so think I might try cutting them and I'm not too sure how low o want it. I'll just cut 1 coil at a time and see how it goes. By the way this is my micra

Attachments

• 1408049569936.jpg
    1408049569936.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 417
Under the hood is totally as standard for now! Painting the rocker cover red and adding cone filter and colour coded hoses. Anyone know where to get the hoses red in colour

Attachments

• 1408049696628.jpg
    1408049696628.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 394
Here in Hungary cutting the springs are the most common solution to lower your car, specially on older suzuki swifts. 80 out of 100 cars has cutted springs. Although im not sure how safe is it.

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
Here in Hungary cutting the springs are the most common solution to lower your car, specially on older suzuki swifts. 80 out of 100 cars has cutted springs. Although im not sure how safe is it.
H701Micra did a test. As long as the springs are captive, they're perfectly safe.

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
I run a tried and tested matiz setup on the front... rear 35mm lowering springs for a matiz over front standard k11 shocks then chopped k11 springs and corsa b shocks on the rear...

frank

Club Member
Im still waiting for answer about the all around alto rear springs with the oem micra shocks. Are they captive and compatible?
the oem rear shocks have very little preload sandor, and the stock springs become uncaptive with only 1 coil removed, and you will be riding on the sponge bumpstops @ -60mm too

the oem rear shocks have very little preload sandor, and the stock springs become uncaptive with only 1 coil removed, and you will be riding on the sponge bumpstops @ -60mm too
Thanks Frank! So would it be enough if i keep the original micra shocks, and replace the original springs for Alto springs all around?

frank

Club Member
the easiest is alto rears on the front and cut rears with corsa rear shocks mate, so you end up with -50mm and 4 fully captive springs (with the cut end inside the axle cup, out of sight)

Oh, ok, i see now. Which year of Corsa should i looking for regarding the rear corsa shock? And what job has to be done on it to fit it into the Micra? Thanks btw.

frank

Club Member
there,s a sh##load of lowering threads on here mate, and same era alto and corsa, but nobody has determined the 19?? to 20?? dates tho