K12 Battery Terminal advice

Hi :)

After getting a call from my girlfriend that she had broken down in her K12 1.2 Micra and realising there no ignition dash lights when turning the key, i tried swapping the battery with one i brought with me and this changed nowt!
After speaking to James on the phone (thanks mate) and investigating further to find the fusable link fuses i found the rubbish idea that this car uses instead of fuses - they are built into the back of the live battery terminal (gotta be a Renault idea rather than Nissan i reckon! :p)

We got it temporarily soldiered up to drive it back home (only 4 miles) and speaking to Nissan yesterday i found out the whole piece (which has 4 fused sections in it) has to be bought as one piece and costs about £48! Great!

Does anyone know if theres anywhere that this part is available for a cheaper price please?

Or whether there is anyone breaking a K12 and if this part is the same on all models please?

Many thanks in advance :)

Heres a piccy of the piece in question:

Attachments

• DSC02693 (Custom).JPG
    DSC02693 (Custom).JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 8,402
What a pain in the ass idea...definitely renault! :doh: if i were you, i'd find out what rating that broken bit was, and wire in a remote fuse...like the ones i have to replace the dodgy headlamp fuse in the K11's...Two wires with a single fuse holder on the end...£48 saved!

From your pic it looks the same as the meganes and Clio IIs.
Get one from the breakers.

Aparently its to stop anything being cooked if you get the jump leads the wrong way round or use a 24V starter pack (like at the car auctions!)

Cheers guys, thought it mite be the same as Renault!

I'll ring Renault and see if by any small chance theres is stupidly cheap but if not the breakers/ebay may be the way to go! :)

I contemplated the remote fuse holder idea (its an 80amp rating) and may still do that but its a little awkward because of where its broke theres only about 1mm if that on one side to solder to and its bit awkward to go straight to the wire cos its in a block connector with another wire.

Thanks again :)

sorry to bring up this problem again but i`m looking into putting the multiple input type of positive terminal onto my k12 for ease of installing amp wiring power for my hid`s etc will this fusable link cause me a problem with this or will i just be able to fit an inline fuse on the main power cable to do the same job ?
thanks pete

K12 battery terminal fuses

Very helpful posting Tom-P10. Thanks. My K12 suddenly died and exactly the same fuse was the culprit. Caused ( like yours i believe) by corrosion rather than the fuse alloy burning out. Lots of green powder from the corrosion of the nickel connector. Replacement from scrapyard had some evidence of the same. think it may be acidic fumes from the battery that somehow cause it. bad design fault.

Back