K11 Exhaust flanges

SHR3K

Ex. Club Member
I noticed we went a bit off topic in the selling area so ive posted here.

Craig any chance of those drawings when you get them. If possible any chance you can get the dimensions of the flanges in the next couple of days?

Cheers shr3k

Next couple of days, impossible, I have my finals in 2 weeks, I can get you all you need in 3-4 weeks if that's still ok for you, I've sent you an e-mail anyway - prob best to continue this through PMs
Craig :)

OK m8 thats fine didn't realise you had finals, 4 weeks would be good.

I shud have some money to sign up to msc tomorrow so yea pms later,

Shr3k

Why do you need drawings go and spend some money and buy 1 exhaust jointing gasket all you need is there.........also you need to make a jig ...you will either have to remove your cat or buy a scrapper to do this you cant get the jig right if your not prepared to remove your own cat or get hold of another...if you try to make pipes up without a jig your wasting your time....if you are going to attempt to make manifolds you will aslo first have to make a jig....its no good just trying to eyeball it and your slide rule will just be that.
The jig is more important than your welding skills infact its the most important part of the build......jig needs to be made from at least 1.5cm plate steel to stop warping...................any more advice you need...........

Jap thats what im planning to do but after trying for 5 hours 3 nights back to remove my cat ive decided to try the scrappies and they should have one available soon.

Can't we just work together, you don't need to give many any information if you don;t want to i understand your concern but 2 of us working on it is better than one.

Shr3k

I'm currently drawing up the design for the back box system, anyone have any ideas?

Jap you have msn or something i think it would be best to talk in real time m8?

Dude I think I am working together ive told you what you need to know and your wrong I have no concerns life is to short m8. You need the gasket as its the easiest way to get exact size to make the flanges.....and sooner or later you will need to get cat off....why or how it took 5 hours is beond me......top tip use a grinder and cut off nuts when cat is removed grind flat the bolt heads and cut flush with flange. next use punch and hammer to centre hole and drill out with a variable speed drill on its slowest setting drills cut a lot better when running slow........then if you need to refit cat just use nuts and bolts with spring washers 2 hours max start to finnish.....also use very good axel stands or invest in some ramps dont be a dweeb and get under car whilst just on jack..................do you want some more info just ask.............

Cheers m8,

Ive got a set of axel stands but it was just too rusty under there, i'm pretty handy with a grinder so ill give it ago soon,

Shr3k

Hopefully craig will have a flange template anyway and i shud have me cat off soon anyway so we will see how it goes, any ideas for the back of the system?

Shr3k

yes buy one...........
there is lots you can do have you no imagination m8 a shortened motorcycle can is just as good if not better than most big bores now theres a clue

Its not that i can make a back box to a high quality but, is t jsut a tube leading in which ends then the chamber then a out pipe? Or is there stuff inside...

Shr3k

There are a few ways that the co's do it, but basically it is a perforated tube, surrounded by sound deadening material (usually glass fibres), surrounded by another tube with the ends welded up, have a look on autospeed for muffler comparison.

Back