K11 1.0L with 1.3 cams wont start?

Dizzy 180 degrees out?
not according to this
Hi there guys, I'm bit of a noob when it comes to engines and that type of stuff (self learner) so I need your help here. I have fitted cams from a 1.3L Micra into mine which is 1.0L. Done everything like it was was for example the chain and position of it I made sure it was in the same spot as before taking the old cams out, all the cables plugged in, spark plug cables and everything is in same place, the little notch that goes into the exhaust cam is in the right orientation (should only go in one way if Im correct), and rocket cover etc everything back as it was. Trying to turn the key today after I've assembled it all and it just wont start, It sounds like there is spark, the started motor works as it should, battery fully charged but still wont start for some reason!! Also the engine is spinning as it should full of oil etc!

Do I have to adjust something or anything else i need to do for it to work?? I've seen stuff on this forum about those cams being a direct swap so I though I give it a try and now it wont start very frustrating, can you guys please help me?

Thank You in advance,

Seb!

Alright then guys she alive again up and running!! Cant explain how happy I am with that and that you can actually feel the difference and also hear it from the engine. I will explain what I did to get it to work.

So I took the rocket cover off again, took off the inspection window too this time so I could see the lower sprocket chain alignment. The chain has had moved on the bottom sprocket by one notch so the cam sprockets were aligned right on the female chain bit like on the picture I've posted here. Then I did double check that the engine is spinning (this time was doing it the correct way haha) and that the crank wheel was aligned on the 2nd notch from the left out of those 6.

Now I was 100% sure that the chains are aligned correctly and that the cams are working together correctly with the distance of 5 full links on the chain (found it in the micra manual on my DropBox). After putting it back together and trying to start it did not work first time like on the video so I got my dad to help the little Micra battery by plugging it up to his van (jump starting kind of thing) cause the flat battery did not have enough power to spin the engine for long. Even with that done the engine was flooded with petrol so it took a while to make it start but finally it did after like one or two minutes of turning the key constantly and wehheeyy she started and was running smooth like it should and I ran the engine at like 2500RPM to get the cams lubed up and stuff even tho I've put grease on them before fitting.

Guy's I cant thank you enough for your help and time to write a response to my questions and your help over all! Much appreciated really am!

Now here's the question what mods should I do next, exhaust, bigger inlet or injectors?

Thank you again!

Regards Seb!

I think you should take a little break from Mods eh Seb lol.
Seriously tho, well done for figuring it out and getting it running:)

Thanks a lot guy's! Nah I probably wont hehe I decided I'm doing the exhaust next! But heres a question where can i get 4-2-1 manifold, cant seem to find one anywhere?? :(

Yea man I was well happy when she fired up, like a kid when they get toys for Christmas haha!

Back