• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Jolley Mirca

Right guys n girls. A long lost promise.
Something I've been meaning to do for a long time is start a new thread in the correct place and correct name. Was to lazy to start over but I thought I'd better do it now or it will never get done.
This is going to be a slow project of mine as most of you may know, have to save the pennies so I can get this car to where I wish it to be. (girlfriend thinks I'm wasting my money lol)
Got loads planned for the car, hoping to get it to that point where I can show it off at car shows.
I get lots of attention from it with how it is at the moment but I want more done to it.
I will upload some old pictures from my other thread but not as many.

Things I've done so far: (not much)
-modded polo 6n coilovers (need softer springs)
-performance exhaust
-custom center console with built in speakers
-minilite et-7 13x7 with 165/65/13
-car alarm (good investment)
-deep dish steering wheel
-new gear stick
-jap style number plates
-rolled arches and been pulled out a little amount
-team heko wind deflectors
-r40 racing composite wheel and locking nut set
-sound system
-NRG short hub
-NRG quick release

My wish list for my car:
-change spring on coilovers to something softer
-new exhaust (twin tail pipe)
-new alloys (got a design planned for them when I get the money for them or sell the minilites, will have to wait and see)
-full spec roll cage (with the help of h701 ;))
-strip insides
-carbon fiber door cards
-bucket seats
-front bumper spotlight
-camber rear (fixed/adjustable)
-quick release
-suede dash
-digital dash display
-yellow tinted lights
-custom rear spoiler
-engine change (want a 2L but in terms of money for now might go with a 1.3L)
-more low
-rising sun fuel cap

I will check part off once I move through it

Just a little update for everyone in-case you've forgotten my car :(
zpdx.jpg

12l5.jpg

04wb.jpg

20130305130750.jpg

20130125132335.jpg

20130101143615.jpg

img20120714192815.jpg

That's it for now

Been thinking about the 85-92 grill, does anyone know if it will fit with the front lights I have at the moment or do I need to change them to the boxer version?

Thats a cool gearknob where did you get it? Also it is awesome mate getting on really well.

What are the NRG quick release boss's like.

Okey so like I said this is going to be a slow project. VERY slow should I say :(

I got this idea I'm playing around with but before I get to into it I thought I'd ask.

I really want to get an digital speedo display going on in my K10.

First I found some really nice set ups but they cost around £1000 and thought yeah f**k that!!

But I've come around a speedo from an s2000 that is around £200

The question I'm asking is it possible? Would it be hard? And will it work?

Its something new/different which is my aim :D

Okey so like I said this is going to be a slow project. VERY slow should I say :(

I got this idea I'm playing around with but before I get to into it I thought I'd ask.

I really want to get an digital speedo display going on in my K10.

First I found some really nice set ups but they cost around £1000 and thought yeah f**k that!!

But I've come around a speedo from an s2000 that is around £200

The question I'm asking is it possible? Would it be hard? And will it work?

Its something new/different which is my aim :D
You got to think about how the speedo works and everything mate and the rev gauge. It will b ea big ball ache lol.

Rev gauge is jus a wire from the coil, speedo will be fitted to the drive on top of the gearbox (follow cable going into top od g/box, held on with 10mm bolt)

Will work, be hard to mount Into the k10 binnacle

Rev gauge is jus a wire from the coil, speedo will be fitted to the drive on top of the gearbox (follow cable going into top od g/box, held on with 10mm bolt)

Will work, be hard to mount Into the k10 binnacle

I don't think I'd have a problem trying to mount it. I'd do a lot more research into it before buying and getting my hands stuck in.

Only thing I was unsure is whether it would work using the wires its already plugged up to or would it run off something different. Thats the only thing I dont know very well, is how it would all plug up and work, etc.

I think it would look ace and from what I can tell no one has done it before... to this car anyway :D Different is my aim

Rev counter will defo be easier to achieve,

Think the early cg10 g/ boxes gave a electric speedo drive, whether that can be used in your g/box (cg10 pre facelift and ma geatboxes are interchanable) and get that to work with a digi speedo

Rev counter will defo be easier to achieve,

Think the early cg10 g/ boxes gave a electric speedo drive, whether that can be used in your g/box (cg10 pre facelift and ma geatboxes are interchanable) and get that to work with a digi speedo
they are cable drive with a reed switch inside the speedo neil :) so do-able eh

There you go :)

I think Jakob's k10 march turbo came with factory fitted digital dash too...........could try source one if those lol ;)

Good luck trying to get the rev counter working though, tried getting a Mk4 golf dash to work in mates 2cv.... not as easy as you think...

Good luck trying to get the rev counter working though, tried getting a Mk4 golf dash to work in mates 2cv.... not as easy as you think...
I never said it would be easy, I know its going to be a pain, coz I don't have a clue for any of this stuff. Just wondering if its possible. I guess everything is possible for a price o_O

Bought new springs for Christmas to replace what came with coilovers but its been lost in post :( so not sure when I'm going to get it

What rate and length?

And get the place to send you some more. Its their problem not yours. They should recover costs off the courier

What rate and length?

And get the place to send you some more. Its their problem not yours. They should recover costs off the courier

Its 350 lbs 7" in length. Its being sorted. Just waiting for some more information from them. Lost was maybe the wrong thing to say but I wasn't going to go into much detail about it but its been sent to the wrong address and someone has signed for it but no details to where its gone so I'm waiting for them to tell more before they send me another one. Link of spring below:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141119510157?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Got 4 for all round then?
Not a bad length maybe a tad stiff... but loads better than what you have already :)

Ah I see. Makes sense I guess. Why would someone not return springs :/

Back