Janspeed cat back system size

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
Hi

Does anyone have a janspeed cat back system off the car currently? I am after the external and internal pipe size please?

Thanks

Paul

That does surprise me too I thought it was bigger but I will use those measurements
Thank you
what have you got planned paul ? here,s my 50mm s/s mot system :)

P3030630.JPG
P3030629.JPG

I tinkering with a few turbo designs currently but am trying to get the car as smooth and comfortable as possible before i start bolting the parts up. Its been a long time since ive tinkered with a dizzy single throttlebodied micra lol

I am currently running a janspeed centre pipe which seems quite sizeable so will use the second measurements. This is attached to a BTB backbox which feels quite nice and has improved flat out speed but my god its loud so need to find the most affective way to reduce noise without strangling her.

Although she feels a little juddery whilst accelerating from 2k to 3k which maybe a dying body but seems good all over the rest of my rev range

I tinkering with a few turbo designs currently but am trying to get the car as smooth and comfortable as possible before i start bolting the parts up. Its been a long time since ive tinkered with a dizzy single throttlebodied micra lol

I am currently running a janspeed centre pipe which seems quite sizeable so will use the second measurements. This is attached to a BTB backbox which feels quite nice and has improved flat out speed but my god its loud so need to find the most affective way to reduce noise without strangling her.

Although she feels a little juddery whilst accelerating from 2k to 3k which maybe a dying body but seems good all over the rest of my rev range
it will need to be 60mm + for a turbo tho eh paul, here,s the sausage shaped side exit one fitted

P3020622.JPG

its a bit louder than the tube shaped one

PC280270.JPG

which is pretty quiet

i find that the key to get high flow and low decibel is to have the bore of the silencer bigger than the tailpipe :)

Back