I've got a leak D:

JasperFoxx

Ex. Club Member
Came home tonight and found the passengers footwell full of water! Seems to have sprung a leak in the snow ^^;

Anywhere I should start to look?

pollyp

Club Member
the plastic clips under the wiper scuttle panel

128.jpg

the sunroof can leak into the floor ,a neighbour from my previous address has a renault scenic and his floor was inches under water and we found between the roof and the framework for the sunroof there was a small gap and when the water level was high enough in the gutters capilliary action started (similar to syphoning) then the water leaked on top of the headlining ran out to the sides down the pillars then under the carpet so check to see if the headlining is water stained.
google leaking renault sunroofs

baguete

Site Supporter
yes but a similar thing could happen on a different make ,all i am saying is not to rule the sunroof out ,if you aren't sure why something is happening then every route needs to be explored to eliminate it from the equation.

Better thing is not having a sunroof, problem solved. :D

totally agree with you baguete when they go wrong they're a pain ,when i have had one i never used it anyway hated having the sun beating down on the top of my head and your car used to get Sooo hot in summer better off with aircon or just wind your windows down

baguete

Site Supporter
When i did the SuperS to March convertion, the SuperS sunroof was leaking bad, asked Frank to get me a sunroof but then i asked also for the glass with the rubber, because the original one looked fine but leaked so much. Even the plastic parts of the sunroof where letting the water to pass through...