Interesting email from member..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
I have just been sent an email from a member who was surprised to find that when joining this site pretty soon they had PM's from members telling them to go to another certain site. Not that this alone particularly bothers me, but I do have to say, for those who say the K11 areas on here are a bit quiet you only have yourself to blame. I have done a few searches and I know who has done this (more than one of you) and I am not going to embarrass you but just thought I would say SHAME ON YOU.

Well Goldstar i think deleting that thread at that point was a pretty dumb thing to have done. Since clearly alot of people spent alot of time writing what they felt on this subject.

From the third page sorry this formatting will be bad as it was all lost:

Titch
Best in Show, JAE 2005
Official Member (Silver)

Member No: 186

RE: Re : Interesting email from member..

Originally posted by K10Daz
They aint childminders but when it comes down to it some of the people here should be back in play school!

Well said!
:kungfu:
Super Quick K11

www.kinross-cruise.net

IP Address: Logged
Yesterday 11:51 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Edit this post Delete this post Quick Quote Quote this message in a reply Report this post to a moderator
ricardo_swarez

this has escalated way out of control, i say we just end it here, i didnt mean it to be taken so far, and i have made comments in the section that were out of order when i was I like to swear a loted of at glenns, 'none members contribute nothing'

so just delete the thread as its going no were

k10daz, the reason i dont take it seriously is because of no it alls who's opinion they believe is fact, how ever there are some nice ppl here who arnt like that,and those ppl are the reason i am here

Yesterday 11:56 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Edit this post Delete this post Quick Quote Quote this message in a reply Report this post to a moderator
Titch
Best in Show, JAE 2005
Official Member (Silver)

Member No: 186

Lets just leave it at that shall we kids?

I belive the Teletubbies is on BBC 2 now, so i'm away to watch that.

Tubby-bye-bye.
Super Quick K11

www.kinross-cruise.net

Yesterday 11:58 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Edit this post Delete this post Quick Quote Quote this message in a reply Report this post to a moderator
Kev
Administrator
Administrators

Owns: K10

Well it's just taken me about half an hour to read through all these posts and I have the following to say, this isn't aimed at any one particular person, but I feel it needs to be said from what I have just read.

The Micra Sports 'CLUB' is exactly that a 'CLUB' that operates an official paid membership scheme that people pay for because they wish to become a member of a club, attend regular meets and make friends in the process, such as the major sucess at this years JAE, that non of the non members have experienced. Benefits of the membership scheme are begining to take form since the new forum change and will only improve over time. Official members wish to pay for this to see the Micra Sports Club to continue to develop, grow and to ensure the continued success we are having as a 'CLUB' and we will of course offer as much benefits in what ever form we can to seperate them from non paying members. We are 'club' not a 'just' a forum.

At the same time we offer a limited amount of forums to non paying members that do not wish to join the club and contriute financially for what ever reason. This is also used to give new members an opportunity to settle in prior to joining the Club and I personally think should remain. However if anyone wishes to express views on how this 'club' should be run, then I'll glady listen to any official members who wish to voice these. There will always be conflict between non and official members of this forum, but interesting enough there appears to be a lot resentment shown from non official members on the way this 'club' is run.

A Membership fee doesn't just give the member access to everything on the forum, being involved in a club is so much more then that, I don't understand why people can't realise and accept that.

These groups of friends have been created, because the club has helped to create this and to me that is one of the most important reasons why I have stayed on and dedicated my time to see this club grow because of the positive effects I've seen such as the atmosphere at JAE which was excellent. The friendships I have made through this club will be life long and ask any official member who attends regular meets will tell you just how well our yearly events run.

Any forum that people use will have a mix of different personalities, that will vary from forum to forum as that is only natural.

Kev

Servant to the Micra Sports Club

12:32am Jun 9th 4,857 The 'REAL' Master

Barwell Bodyworks 01455 842648 - excellence as standard Champion of: Pacman, Curveball,

Yesterday 11:58 PM
K10Daz
Official Member (Silver)
Official Member (Silver)

Owns: K10, K11
Member No: 265

Iv asked on numerous occasions about things on my car, Kev didnt agree with me painting my drum brakes at the back, but he said why and gave constructive criticism on why he thought different of me, but i am not Kev and he is not me so i like my drums red, he would have done them black. I didnt make a fuss out of it i accepted that he had a different view over me, at the end of the day its my car, if i like them red, theyre gonna be red, where as kev wudda had them black, If you dont like what someone says dont listen to it! Simple as! At the end of the day they were nice enough to reply to your thread asking for an opinion, they gave you their opinion, only problem is it was different from yours, or the reply you wanted!

Yes I spent ages reading through that thread and replying to it as I felt it necessary to post on some important issues being discussed.

Kev

*off topic* The word back up comes to mind! Is there no way of goin back and moderators reverting this? In the forums i used to moderate we could do that O.O

I started the thread and didn't like how it turned out, I wanted to discuss the use of other forums and then it was about official and non-official members!
I do dumb things all the time so don't really care what you think Eddy

Well you wont be doing that again as all forum permissions have been altered so that threads can no longer be deleted by the origional posters.

It's not on that you delete such an active topic at such a point when there are so many comments from so many people. It amazes me how people like YOU moan if admin delete a single post of yours yet you delete nealy 80 posts of other people, just because "I started the thread and didn't like how it turned out". Totally wrong if you ask me and damn right out of order. Simply not on.

RE: RE: Interesting email from member..

K10Daz said:
*off topic* The word back up comes to mind! Is there no way of goin back and moderators reverting this? In the forums i used to moderate we could do that O.O

Unfortunately not, since Goldstar0011 chose to delete the thread all posts except those which were still open in my window were lost. You can thank him for that.

Then why not change the title to follow the actual topic?

We're told to keep on topic and the topic was in reponse to you're thread about advising new members about other sites, ok deleting the thread was harsh and a heat of the moment, so I apologise for that, but YOUR rules state to stay on topic which clearly hasn't, there wasn't anything to do with the use of other sites!

The topic title could have been changed, however to delete the thread was unwise due to the topic containing a lot of discussion such as I'd just posted my comments after spending ages reading it.

Kev

Attachments

• gtr.jpg
    gtr.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 271
Probably because we were too busy trying to keep up with the topic and I had just come in to find it kicking off.

Kev

Fair enough!

I can't undo what's done, ye I was out of order as it was a vaid discussion which I don't see being resolved for sometime.
But shouldn't we all be trying to solve these issues rather than digging into any little problem like me deleting a thread?

True, yes but if the thread was left alone to run it's course then it could be sorted out to some degree.

However I agree that I also don't see it being resolved for sometime as you can sometimes never change opinion on what ever it may be.

Kev

I would say actually that this has brought up one of the last underlying problems on the MSC from the non official anti msc members we seem to have, and now were looking at ways to deal with them - which IMO is a very good thing.

i was one of the biggest posters in that thread and i think it was best to delete it as it will only cause hostility and arguments, on the note of deleteing it, the are many replys to threads and complete threads that have gone off topic, and so replys have been deleted and the thread locked, in this case that wasnt so, only for the fact that admin were involved in the off topic direction of the post, does this mean that admin can go off topic but none admin cant? a little double standard i think, and i dont believe there are any anti msc members, there are just ppl who dont like the no it alls that exist on these forums, i could be seen as anti msc from some things i right,but im not, im very pro msc, thats why i took it upon myself to get ppl from the NW to come to santa pod, i am just anti no it all and false information, i think its a shame that ppls posts were lost, but he did what the admin should have because it went off topic, ppls tempers were running high, and i no i posted alot of things that were in the heat of the moment and not my true feelings about things

Forget the off topic rubbish, I am utterly fed up of hearing the double standard excuse. Things are NOT all equal in life. That is why user levels are there to sperate those who can do/view more than others, moderators and admin have the final say that is what they are there for to guide the forums with their best intentions possible. The whole off topic thing is irrelevent.
That thread had raised some interesting points, it was a feedback thread of which they can-and do change direction. However as I have said that same mistake now cannot happen again.

There is now a topic on going in the members area which, I expect will mean changes soon for the non-official members of the site. All old accounts will go and posting limits may be put in place.

We are already planning for the 2006 season, and the MSC has every intention to continue to grow and offer the best benefits to those who support the club.

I would be interested in becoming an official member if there were more benefits, taking away from unofficial member's isn't going to persuade me into becoming an official member, it just makes me think someone just wants my money.

I just don’t think 20quid gets much at all. I believe that reducing un-official users privileges will lead to the downfall of the MSC.

Bottom line is I need more for my 20quid for me to want to spend it on membership

Mark said:
I would be interested in becoming an official member if there were more benefits, taking away from unofficial member's isn't going to persuade me into becoming an official member, it just makes me think someone just wants my money.

I just don’t think 20quid gets much at all. I believe that reducing un-official users privileges will lead to the downfall of the MSC.

Bottom line is I need more for my 20quid for me to want to spend it on membership

What sorts of things would you like to get for your 20 quid? i would say that we should get more for our money, but to be honest apart from getting, like someone has suggested t-shirts, mugs etc i cant really think of much else :)

Mark said:

Ok - good point, but how do you konw what you get for your membership if your still an Unofficial Member?? Tell me that!

because there is a section on the site which explains what you get for being an official member,

And why would i pay £20 for something that I dont know what I'm getting?

Glenn said:
Mark said:

What sorts of things would you like to get for your 20 quid? i would say that we should get more for our money, but to be honest apart from getting, like someone has suggested t-shirts, mugs etc i cant really think of much else :)

Um - through my membership, i've made friends, had a great time down at meets, learnt loads about my car, have helped people with their cars, have won trophys, have attened big car shows etc..

Thats what you get - its not all about the money man.

And also, going on from something you said lats night about non-members contributing nothing to the site. That is very wrong my friend, alot of the Non members do contribute to the site, so you really can't say that.

Mark said:
because there is a section on the site which explains what you get for being an official member,

And why would i pay £20 for something that I dont know what I'm getting?

But you've jst answered your own question there. The section explains what you get, and what i'm saying is you get alot more than jst being able to view more on the site.

What about having individual pages where Official Members could show pictures and details of there own cars?

That would be good.

Sorry but I'm unconviced.

I'm not going to become an official member cause the benefits are still not there,

I have made friends too, Have attended a meet before as an un-official member.

Titch said:
Um - through my membership, i've made friends, had a great time down at meets, learnt loads about my car, have helped people with their cars, have won trophys, have attened big car shows etc..

Thats what you get - its not all about the money man.

And also, going on from something you said lats night about non-members contributing nothing to the site. That is very wrong my friend, alot of the Non members do contribute to the site, so you really can't say that.

firstly, i just simply asked him what he wanted for his money. I didnt say it was all about the money BUT when people put money into something they may not want to make friends or win trophys, they may want to see something for the money that they are putting into the club, for example the tshirts or whatever it maybe.

i to have learnt loads about my car and stuff like that, so from that aspect i am happy that i put money towards the club. :)

secondly, i never said that the non members were "contributing nothing" someone said that the non members were contributing more than the official members, so i simply told him to look at the list of top posters and as you can see if you have a look now that in the top 80 members or something there is only like 5 peeps who arent official members, which i think is pretty good going. It is obvious that EVERY member contributes no matter if they are official or not, everyone will have knowledge about something that others may not, just the way it goes, but as far as giving money to help the site get new features and stuff the official members are obviously contributing more.

hope that clears alot up! :)

Mark said:
What about having individual pages where Official Members could show pictures and details of there own cars?

That would be good.

that will be up soonish..lol

Was just gonna say that hehe... for a preview, click the "My Car" button below this post...

Attachments

• PIC_0053 (Medium).JPG
    PIC_0053 (Medium).JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 214
  • PIC_0054 (Medium).JPG
    PIC_0054 (Medium).JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 221
  • PIC_0055 (Medium).JPG
    PIC_0055 (Medium).JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 213
  • PIC_0056 (Medium).JPG
    PIC_0056 (Medium).JPG
    97 KB · Views: 202
  • PIC_0057 (Medium).JPG
    PIC_0057 (Medium).JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 222
  • PIC_0058 (Medium).JPG
    PIC_0058 (Medium).JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 219
  • PIC_0060 (Medium).JPG
    PIC_0060 (Medium).JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 189
yo whats goin on in here, i havent checked the msc for over 24 hours now.

just to confirm, was this the thread in which i posted that I know of someone who got free membership or sumfin like that???

if so, whats been said after that??

lol,,too late,the thread was deleted,some was recoverd by Ed so this is wots left of it,,

ed not being funny mate, but that was double standard, and if you put posting limits on none members, ppl are going to come to the site and feel so restricted that they'l just move on to somewere like micraholics, then the club will just see no new members and eventualy disband completely, i no if im restricted more on how many posts i can have i'll just post on micra holics, then the all the forums will be stagnent because ppl wouldnt be arsed having to wait until they are alowed more posts, they'l just go elsewere, would be a shame if you ruined the site because you want all the ppl who come here to be members, or is it that u just want 20quid off them all..?

Just thought i would say that so far 84.21% of official members have voted to limit NON official members to 100 posts and remove PM rights. Only 15.79% of members agree with you. I am not the one making this decision. As it happens I did speak to pete today and told him to expect several more members soon, as I know full well there will be several who wont accept these changes.

Ed, you will see an increase in non-members to your site. By that i mean, people will register, post their 100 posts, and then re-register as another non-member...

Of course the "Members" of this site want non-members to have less priveliages. They have paid for their membership for an extra TWO/THREE forums and since they realise they dont actually gain anything more than we do, they want to weigh their end down abit with your idea to restrict non-members to 100 posts..

My fair Edward, dont try to throw the limelight off yourself, you knew the outcome before you even posted the poll; as did i, or anyone with an ounce of brain.

lol well there it is then, there will be a few new members, but as for new ppl finding the site, they will use there 100 posts and think the same as i do rite now, stuf this site until kev takes over as he isnt so egotistical and use micraholics more often. I aint being pushed into giving my money to u, i was going to become an official member, but i have changed my mind, and i imagine others will to, all your saying is 'give me your money or else' from the second these changes are implimented your site will increase in non members as dusk said and decrease in official,
i'll just make a new user name when my posts run out like dusk also said...
...well done dusk, your realy quite on the ball arent you, i wish i new a guy as intelligent, good looking and quite profoundly amazing as you...ha

as requested by dusk himself as he said i forgot it-\

'totaly handsome'

Thanks man, your quite handsome yourself, i think its your hands, or the way you lick between my brows...

Anyway, back on topic - I think ed; you should post the same post on general, to see the responce.. just out of interest - im not a major user of these forums and i havent really posted alot in the time that i have been here, but i know quite a few non-members which have contributed to the site, nicon, beachboy etc, in the future you wont have people such as these...

Dusk said:
Anyway, back on topic - I think ed; you should post the same post on general, to see the responce..

ha :D i guess this is wot us members get for our money,,a say in how the club is ran and to make changes that are soooo needed

There you go, RIK - thankyou for making my point :)

Of course the "Members" of this site want non-members to have less priveliages. They have paid for their membership for an extra TWO/THREE forums and since they realise they dont actually gain anything more than we do, they want to weigh their end down abit with your idea to restrict non-members to 100 posts..

"Soooo needed" Ha - "Sooo needed" would be for you to get something for your money, not to have other people deprived so it looks like you get more...

By re-joining you will never build up an identity. If you are discovered abusing the system to that extent you will be removed. If you really feel you have to goto all that trouble to use the MSC then why not join on the basic level? If you have issues about doing this for what ever reason then go away - your not welcome here anyway and the MSC is much better without you. Now there are other websites that can cater for those who are single minded the MSC is able to close the doors on this type of person and build on the community of those who actually want to be part of a club.

So my fair Dusk & ricardo_swarezif you dont want to join go away, its that simple. It makes no difference who is doing this Kev or myself, as its a change that the MEMBERS feel is needed. And as for posting it in general chat. I shall do so now.

Dusk said:

How many more times does this need to be said. Paying to be an official member of this club does not 'JUST' entitle you to an extra 2/3 forums!!!

1. 10% discount at Adrian Flux on insurance = saving of £££'s depending on your current insurance cost

2. 10% Need for Speed discount for aftermarket items, that most of us purchase for our cars

3. Demon Tweeks varying % discount on all items

4. 10% off K&N Air Filters

5. 10% off Power Bulbs

6. 3 Free stickers

7. Membership letter

8. Membership card ( currently being re-designed and distributed soon )

9. Access to full forum, including members area, events section, additional micra forums, non car chat, Discounts & FAQ's and DIY guides.

10. Varying discount at Barwell Bodyworks for re-sprays, bodykit fitting etc etc

11. Regular meets, including local and national

12. Newsletter ( Team currently being put together to carry out this task )

13. Advanced feature car space ( curently being built as an additional extra to the site )

14. Arcade full of games to keep you busy while you bored.

This list is growing every day and I intend to make it even better later this year and as you can see above the discounts you would get would far outway the intial £20 membership fee.

That is what you get with the Micra Sport Club 'at present' that you think isn't worth joining, well if you still think the same then I'm really hitting a brick wall with you. Btw when I take over this club's financial side and Chairmen responsibilities, nothing will change too much, because why fix something that isn't really broke. The official members don't have a problem with this club, it's people on the outside that like to try and pull it down because we are trying to create a club with exclusive benefits that come at a small cost; and in the proccess we have made this club the most established Micra car club in the UK and europe......without question

As for the cost of membership as you keep stating your opinion we are money grabbing, the cost of being a member of this club per month is about £1.67. Think what rubbish you spend your money on per year that in return gives you very little.

I have said everything that needs to be said that is written above, it's that simple, if you refuse to see or accept this, then that's your own problem, because this club is getting bigger and better and intend to carry on Ed's hard work in doing this. I would also like to say that every official member of this club has contributed not just financially but in many other ways to make this happen.

We will never please everyone and if we tried to do this, we would be on here 24 hours a day.

Kev

Ed said:
So my fair Dusk & ricardo_swarezif you dont want to join go away, its that simple. It makes no difference who is doing this Kev or myself, as its a change that the MEMBERS feel is needed. And as for posting it in general chat. I shall do so now.

Isn't this a bit double standards, we're trying to convince non-member's to join not tell them to go away if they don't, I know these 2 guys and they have a lot to offer and would like them to stay!

I think where Ed is coming from which is certainly how I feel is that we are frustrated when non members that start to complain and when some make comments like " I have no intention of joining " but still continue to tell us how the forum should be run.

We all have to pay insurance, most of us have modified insurance which comes in at a considerable cost to most and I would say premiums for most would range from £400 upto £1,500 for young drivers starting out.

So just for an example of a £700 insurance bill, to save 10% equals a saving of £70 with only £20 initial outlay for MSC membership, thus making a total saving of £50.

If people continue with the MSC, you save £50 every 12 months, which in fact will increase as your MSC membership reduces.

Now anyone sit there and tell me it's not financially worth being in the MSC!

Now if people can't spend £20 to save £££'s then there is no point in even trying to convince people to join, if that doesn't appeal then we have other discounts and benefits.

It's not double standards, but with what we offer currently for a £20 membership isn't convincing people to join and they stay as non members and this type of thing continues to happen isn't going to be positive for the club and that will always be the number one priority, it has to be.

Not that this will ever happen as you can never get through to all people, but imagine if every active non member joined the MSC. Benefits would start to increase, discounts would be greater as when contacting companines our membership base would even greater then it is now. Then people would get to see the true MSC at events etc etc and with more financies the club would become bigger and better.

I think both Ed and I have said everything that needs to be said, changes are going to be made. It's up to you to decide if you wish to go along them or not. Go to other Micra based forums if you wish, start other clubs, it's been done before and will happen again. However I know whilst I'm heading the MSC it will continue to grow and get better for it's official members, if you want to be part of it then do, if not then don't..........simple

Kev

ten quid to join for bronze, hardly gona break the bank! The arcade alone is worth that, i was playing pacman when i should have been studying for my leaving cert.. woops! haha

lol at least someone is pleased with what we do! ;)

Kev

I personnally dont agree with the 100-post limit.

BUT the members who find this site useful, I dont think 20 is alot to pay for the 14 things that Kev has outlined. If you dont want to pay, be quite and go away, sorry to put it so harshly but the people who dont want to pay just seem to be saying the same thing over-and-over, 'its not worth it, blah, blah, blah'

If is not worth it, dont pay for it.

Dusk said:
There you go, RIK - thankyou for making my point :)

"Soooo needed" Ha - "Sooo needed" would be for you to get something for your money, not to have other people deprived so it looks like you get more...

look,,i would be happy to pay up to be a member even if i just got to the extra forums out of it :)

but i dont,,i get allot more than that,and one of those things i get is to have a say how the club is run and to get rid of threads like this one :),so im very happy with the msc

i wouldnt mind paying 20quid,i was going to as i said, but im sick of ed's 'big i am attitude' why are u this way? kev has around the same privaledges as you but he doesnt go around talking to ppl the way you do, you want official members but tell ppl ppl to go away? thanks for the nice comments goldstar, im only not welcome here by u because im telling it how it is...FACT

if you appologised for the blunt insulting way in wich you speak, then i will become an official member, but as u dont care about anythin other than your own ego i doubt you will ever appologise
...i have when i have been out of order, as in the original version of this post

I have had enough of the flaming on this site. You now have a 1 day ban. grr

Think this is done now. Thanks for the comments all. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back