I was chasing down a leak one day.....

... In the merry merry month of August
With all the rain we've had I was getting a bit pissed off with the puddle that kept appearing in the passenger side footwell, especially as I thought I'd found the cause.
Off came the scuttle over the wiper mechanism, had a brush around to get the dirt etc off. I was looking at those plastic things that the scuttle clip into, but then I noticed something So I took the wing off (SHEARING the two lower bolts in the frikkin' process!) for a better look:

20140809_135607_zpsgdlscwmf.jpg

20140809_135614_zpsqlxvj3mm.jpg

20140809_135623_zpscmwttijz.jpg

Can you tell what it is yet?
I knew the car had been pranged and repaired, but THIS isn't a repair, it's a FECKIN' BODGE JOB! It's also where the water is getting in because there's a gap about the thickness of a pencil between the riveted bit and the main body frame.
SO, what should I do: Get it repaired properly, leave it as is, or scrap the car and get another one?

VOTE NOW!!

That was my initial thought, but the hole is just too big to be coincidental. Whatever had been used to mask the hole had flaked away over time. I'll see how it goes for now and start looking for a used shell with a dead engine or gearbox if it gets worse. :(

I had droplets coming in and didn't see anything obvious that was causing it, so I ran sealant all along the bottom of the screen which cured the problem.
Looking at that hole you would think water would just run on through and down, I would repair it, thats my vote :)

I had droplets coming in and didn't see anything obvious that was causing it, so I ran sealant all along the bottom of the screen which cured the problem.
Looking at that hole you would think water would just run on through and down, I would repair it, thats my vote :)
It DOES run down: down the INSIDE of the A Pillar and into the cabin!

repair it pretty easy fix, or just get some lovley seam sealer and slicon and fix it that way :), or make a plate, weld it up :) 10 Min job