How should i look after......?

MacMicra

Deactivated Account
How should i look after my Micra?
All it is doing is sitting on my drive way waiting for me to pass my test.
(Should not be long)

Should i start it reguarly?
Drive it back and forward on my drive way every now and then?

I am not quite sure what i can do to make sure it stays in good condition :-S

Cheers

Anyone?

starting it up, letting it warm up without revving shouldnt be a problem, but not to often, maybe once a week or so

I cant see why something could go wrong, only a dead battery could really happen, and starting it now and again should overcome that

How long till your test?

just make sure it stays clean.. its useful to give it a run out every now and then to keep the battery in good condition... and so the tyres arent sat on the same place for months on end... but moving it up and down the drive wont make much difference tbh... if it isnt going to be long before you pass i wouldnt worry about it too much

you could disconnect the battery, i disconnected mine for a whole month when i went away on holiday, came back, battery was perfect, turned over like i'd only driven it an hour ago

I am in exactly the same position as you.

May I ask, why aren't you out in it practising for your test? I go for a whip around the town at least 4 times a week with a responsible adult.
You have gotta be insured, and have a provisional license, and of course tax... but a brilliant way to get a feel for it.

I have unfortunatly had to buy a new battery for it today, as it won't even power the stereo with the engine off now, let alone turn-over. The fact the plates were completely dry in the battery is beside the point.

But yeah, my point is... get out there in it!

yeh im out in mine practising for my test in 3 weeks!
my dad drives to work to collect me and i drive home

my micra will need tax, insured, mot. the works

cant afford 2 run it at the min

gotta pay my dad for my ps3 and i ow my mam 200 before i can spend money on myself

Back