Homemade Induction kit

Yesterday i hacked my civic kit about to fit my 1.0, not a pretty sight but it works. Looking at universal bits to make it neate, but it seems adding up couple bits comes close to the cost of a built kit. Wondering if anyone has any pictures of theirs? Would be nice to do something different but its bladdy expensive lol. Mine filter sits in the gap behind the battery (Ill try and get some pics) so im not sure if this is a good place for it to be..?

Thanks

A lot of people make one using an Almera 1.6 airbox fitted in place of the 1.0L one with a K&N/Pipercross panel filter. Then remove the standard air flow bit and replace it with a tube run to the front of the car as a cold air feed. Cost for the entire thing is about £50 and way better than any open 57i kit.

photo.php

Forgot about thid thread. Ill try and show a pic of mine somewhen, sounds good but i do notice a bit of a flat spot/slight pause in acceleration about half way though the revs when planting the throttlr. Im putting this down to my kit. Mite have a look in the scrappy for the almera box as id rather power over noise lol

Tom, did I ask you where you got that trumpet dude? looking for one like it myself right now. I presume that one has a 71mm ID?

By golly I think I've got it! The perfect bass reflex port tube. So I ordered it. I intend to achieve some sort of filtration though. Let you know how I get on.

Back