Help..... Leak?!?!

Primal_Concrete_Micra

Ex. Club Member
Just been out to my car, in the passenger footwell i've found a pool of water! See attached photo!!

Had a look to try find out where its coming in from, put my hand up behind the back of the glovebox/dash area where the arrows pointing and it seemed to be wet up there, which cant be good seems theres lots of wires etc behind there!

Anyone any ideas where this water could be coming in from?

Thanks!!! Jay

Attachments

• Water-Leak.JPG
    Water-Leak.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 252
i only thought that because my m8 vw started pouring water into the footwell when it came off.

Check around the windscreen and do you have a sunroof?

i do have a sunroof, everything seems dry around there, what would i be looking for around the windscreen, a break in the seal? would this be more noticable on the inside or the outside? dont have any more time to check before work today, but tomorrow morning ill be on to it!!

sunroof drains might be blocked or broken, but on the windscreen, just a tear in the rubber or something like that would do it...

It's most likely that the sunroof drain is blocked at the bottom with road dirt.

Where abouts does the sunroof drain go?!?

This is a common problem and a design fault, not a split pipe, bottle, etc.

I had this problem a few years ago in my K11 1L and eventually managed to fix it.

See this thread and my post:

http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=9075&highlight=passanger+footwell+water

Post number 21 made in 2006 :)

I had a quick peek under the scuttle, and seems there is some water gathered under there! Anything else ya could recommend to seal it with as i dont have access to a heat gun!

Just been and flashed up a couple of bits under the scuttle.... The seal had gone around one of the white clips that it clips into! Hopefully this will have done it....

Can anyone tell me where i'd look to check my sunroof drains aren't blocked? Is it behind the panel on your wing, can get to it when you open your doors?

Gonna go out and dry my carpet now, ready for the rain again later, make it easier to tell if i've sorted the problem!

Back