Headlights have burned-out .. i think?

I was just driving home from school and turned the headlights on from dim to main beams, as you do, but the main lights wouldn't come on ..?

The high beams work and the dims work, but the main beams won't work despite the high beams and the main lights being powered by the same bulb. Is this a fault with the circuit or has a certain part of the bulb burned-out? And what sort of bulbs would I be looking for if i wanted to get that white-blue light colour that you often see in high performance cars or jerks who enjoy blinding everyone? :p

mabey the filliment for the high beams is done?

On my K11 only 1 headlight comes on, I ned to open the bonnet and push the connector and it works have to do it every day or so

The bulb is an H4 which incorporates both the main and high beams, if one of the filaments' in both bulbs has blown you should get checked for electrical fault as something would have caused the failure, H4 bulbs are available in various 'blue vision' brands a google search should get you there and there are some threads on this subject within the forum pages should you wish to use the search function.

Odd for both to go o_O
...then again, my brother was driving my dads 'mera around with the fogs on as the dipped beam was rubbish (Both the H7's had died *Facepalm*)
....although new bulbs and the dipped beam is still pants on the 'mera but that's a lens issue :p

Changed my O/S H4 bulb a couple of years ago...I seem to recall the main/high beam still worked but the dip didn't (of course you can't drive around with your high beam on all night....blinding peeps)

Change the bulb (£2.50)

then if it happens again, very soon (especially if it's both) check their connections aren't dodgy... ;)

I'm buying a set of 90% brighter bulbs for replacement and fitting them, so we'll see what happens :) the guy behind the counter said that when he was working as a delivery boy for a pizza place that the micra they had went through a decent amount of bulbs since it was so constantly being driven at night, and also that the K11s are known for having faulty connections to the bulbs ... so ill check everything if these new bulbs go too :D