whiteline rear sway bar $249
whiteline strut brace $220
whiteline panhard kit $150
whiteline camber kit $76
whiteline caster/traction kit $120
freight $40
total $1064 self installation.
----------------------------------
Springs - im still undecided on lovells, kings (both under 300), or teins at under 450 - does anyone know which ones are lowest springs? im after the lowest. regardless i probs still just get em from nick.

Shocks - same thing thru nick. (will msg u when my wallet has more than a couple moths.

ad18v front calipers - im desperately looking for em, pref off sum1 on this awesome site or i have to go wreckers. No idea on a fair price, don't abuse me haha.

DBA ad18v rotors (vented is better right?) - gonna get quote for these tomorrow. should the pair be under 300?

all this for safety and control, hopefully just under or right on 2k. Don't care if its overkill for reg N/A engine cause its future proofing right? (dream of turbo)

CMF_Jon (2)

» CMF Member
I paid $125 for my adjustable panhard rod. Pays to shop around or get to know your local parts suppliers, they always help you out with price. With the springs (lovells, kings, teins) usually they lower the car by approx 35mm

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
The prices for the whiteline gear sound a little high - they haven't really changed much in a while and what Jon's said is about kind of the price you can expect to pay from most places. Anything significantly more is ripping you off.

Only looking for the lowest spring isn't a great idea. Admittedly I do think the same way, but honestly it's worth getting a spring/shock combo that both gives a good ride and gives it a lower stance.

Grab the AD18V's from a wreckers, grab a seal kit from bursons or any brake shop and rebuild them yourself. Getting them second hand off the site doesn't guarantee quality and would certainly be worth considering getting a rebuild on anyway, if you want to ensure that they're in good condition.

Get at least vented rotors (don't really need slotted) for the AD18V's.

---dens

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
wow thanks for the quick replies guys, its a shame i noticed ur both in Melbourne but I really need to find better shopfronts then autobarn and bursons haha, guess if i actually drive to moss street (read: pimp ur car street) i will find a better deal, thanks for the info on overpricing cause i hate getting ripped off.

CMF_nsm

» CMF Member
normally springs will lower your car by around 11/2-2"...anything lower,and i think you need to get it engineered at the moment with these new RTA rules....

CMF_nsm

» CMF Member
n14 pulsar front slotted rotors are around the $200.00 mark last time i checked....as deNs said,good idea to overhaul them first...i can supply kits and rotors if need be...

nick...

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Peirce,

As you are from Logan, I suggest you get a price from Autobarn in Beenleigh. When i bought my whiteline sway bars around two years ago this store was significantly cheaper than the other two Autobarn stores i got quotes from. BTW Autobarn Springwood was the most expensive....

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
Here's a question i probably should have asked right from the beginning, Does anyone know how much the cars weight will increase with these handling pieces?

On another note, I don't think micras should have ever been made as a 5 seat car, i recently had my N/A slx filled with my bro and sis and 2 friends and yeh lets just say the performance was lacking...

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
With all the parts you've listed in the top post, you're simply replacing parts that are already on the car with uprated ones, so there is likely to be very little difference in their weight, to the point where I don't know of anyone that's bothered weighing them to see the difference. I'd be less worried about the weight of something so trivial and instead just get go ahead and purchase all the things you've listed and install them.

Also, get some friends that weigh less :p Your other option would be to turbo it.

---dens

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
so do it dude. Just shave the rear door handles so they can only be opened by poppers or from the inside. A mate did this up here with his VL commodore.

Try GSL rallysports they can get all that stuff and from memory they are pretty close to logan i think. Have not been down there for ages few years now but worth a look.

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
sikK11 WROTE:

"so do it dude. Just shave the rear door handles so they can only be opened by poppers or from the inside. A mate did this up here with his VL commodore.<BR><BR>Try GSL rallysports they can get all that stuff and from memory they are pretty close to logan i think. Have not been down there for ages few years now but worth a look.

Shaving the door handles is illegal in NSW, but not sure for you guys..

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
sikK11, I called emailed gsl rallysport about the parts, 20 mins later i have a reply and the costs are saving me 95 dollars on parts, and only 15 dollars shipping compared to autobarn. sweet deal i reckon. all up under 1k sounds good enough for me. Next payday I might be paying there shop a visit!

Back