getting my car lower

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
as title says, basiclly ive fitted my 13" alloys and the car sit quite low on the rear and iam really happy with it as it looks spot on...altough the front doesnt, the front sits higher than the rear, rear looks 40mm and front looks 30its quite a noticeable diffrance...

basiclly i dont want to spend £500 on coilovers, or £100 on 50mm springs when iam only gonna use the fonts...i dont want it that low its gonna be un-useable.

iam seriously considering cutting half a coil out of the fronts...or even a full coil... i know people have done it over and over. and they wont jump out as the shocks will support them and the weight of the engine, its only the rears that will witch iam not cutting them only fronts...

i know there was a micra on here with chopped tein springs the rear was like like 70-80mm and front was 60! and he didnt have troubles...

anyone know how much cutting a coil or half a coil will make on height diffrance?

Grey area probably get slapped wrist for this lol.

I would of thought chopping the fronts would be more dangerous than the rears, only my opinion but i chopped the rears (35mm ones) by a 360degree coil and didnt have any probs. They actually sat a bit lower than the 50mm ones i have now.

Whose micra was that with chopped tein springs?! Thats a big drop lol.

was a blue on on here carnt remember his name lol... nah rears are worse as they will jump out of the cups and the car will just drop on bump stops and maybe make you go down the nearest hedge bottem...where as fronts can only jump off the platform and not go anywhere as the shocks are in way. (doubt they will go anywhere as it has engine weight etc over the front springs)

True but you would near enough have to get airtime on the back for a possibility of that to happen :)

mines are cut and i have been driving a cut spring micra for maybe 2 years now, no problems at all and it handles like fcuk :D

its only a fail if you can tell if theyve been cut, if you paint them to hide and to prevent from rust they should be fine.

Back